Forthcoming METALHEADZ!

So that we aren't listening to old recycled ideas on loop.

Let's face it, d&b is very similar, but these are poor man's rip offs of old ideas done to death.

Innovation is very important.

Indeed, the same applies to the vast majority of new releases. Almost all new tunes sound like an older track and fit into a specific archetype/pattern.

Just think this is a strange release to level that amount of criticism at. A side is a solid club banger, B side is a typical B side but not without merit. Neither will be classics but they’re solid tracks and as good or better than 9/10 new releases I hear on beatport each week.

Indeed, the same applies to the vast majority of new releases. Almost all new tunes sound like an older track and fit into a specific archetype/pattern.

Just think this is a strange release to level that amount of criticism at. A side is a solid club banger, B side is a typical B side but not without merit. Neither will be classics but they’re solid tracks and as good or better than 9/10 new releases I hear on beatport each week.

the next time you're not keen on a track, i'm going to jump in and insist it's amazing.

'nah mate it's a solid club banger'

just watch me.

Phaction

Hard Truth EP
Aviatrix (Ft. Riya)
Rah
Without You

METHXX22 - Expected 11 Mar 2019

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/mobile/release_info.asp?rel=106376

Is this the same Phaction who used to produce with Modified Motion??

Also a musical treat from Adred and Ant TC1 coming on Metalheadz Platinum. Vibing with some flavours of a local dnb night I used to go to. Will probably bag on release :)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2452506721490245&id=457645577643046&_ft_=mf_story_key.2452506721490245:top_level_post_id.2452506721490245:tl_objid.2452506721490245:content_owner_id_new.457645577643046:throwback_story_fbid.2452506721490245:page_id.457645577643046:photo_id.2176751685973864:story_location.4:story_attachment_style.video_inline:page_insights.{

makes you wonder how much input Goldie has in what gets put out on Headz.... i think he's more of an agreeable co-pilot these days....

not that i'm dissing, whoever chooses is doing a great job, still the best in the business ....

makes you wonder how much input Goldie has in what gets put out on Headz.... i think he's more of an agreeable co-pilot these days....

not that i'm dissing, whoever chooses is doing a great job, still the best in the business ....

You're incorrect here Steven I'm afraid. He chooses all the music and we agree upon how we shape up releases - EP's singles, LP etc then I do the rest of the work in getting it all off the ground, (I should know) so do trust me on this. I can honestly say he loves the label more than I can recall him loving it in all my time here so he's very much a big part / factor in it all still.

You're incorrect here Steven I'm afraid. He chooses all the music and we agree upon how we shape up releases - EP's singles, LP etc then I do the rest of the work in getting it all off the ground, (I should know) so do trust me on this. I can honestly say he loves the label more than I can recall him loving it in all my time here so he's very much a big part / factor in it all still.

well that's me told!

that's good to hear, don't get me wrong, I didn't think he had lost interest... just a very busy guy with international dj'ing.... and yoga ; )

whilst you're here, whats your favourite forthcoming track on the label? Any news to share? :)(y)

well that's me told!

that's good to hear, don't get me wrong, I didn't think he had lost interest... just a very busy guy with international dj'ing.... and yoga ; )

whilst you're here, whats your favourite forthcoming track on the label? Any news to share? :)(y)

Too many to choose from tbh, there's heaps on the way, Headz 25 LP is shaping up nice for sure.

Reality Check has REALLY grown on me...wasn't even going to bag this release originally, now dig RC (and even reckon Redemption ain't bad either). Funny how your feeling about tunes changes over a little bit of time!

Reality Check has REALLY grown on me...wasn't even going to bag this release originally, now dig RC (and even reckon Redemption ain't bad either). Funny how your feeling about tunes changes over a little bit of time!

Sometimes the growers end up being long term favourites. This is what I miss about buying records, finding those gems on B sides and EPs that you ignored first time round because there's a big tune on the other side or whatever. Don't get that with digital :(

i reckon I've paid for Goldie's teeth all the money I've given him.

Do you think he could return the favour? I need a filling done.

i'm just a bit sick of clunky hard step tracks with big clattering kicks that dominate the track

probably because im an old man and i should be listening to Jazz

Back
Top Bottom