Forthcoming LP's in 2012

Rum and Bass

What can we expect?

Calyx & Teebee LP (Momentum)
Alix Perez 2nd LP (Shogun Audio)
Gridlok 2nd LP (Project 51)
Subwave LP (Metalheadz)
Calibre - Shelf Life Volume 3 (+ one other?) (Signature)
Loadstar - Future Perfect (Ram)
S.P.Y. LP? (Hospital)
Data - Making Simple Things Complex (Blackout Music)

Last edited:
Dom & Hive collab album
D-Bridge
Dan Habernam
Ed Rush & Optical
John B
Electrosoul System
Jubei
Silent Witness
DRS
Data
J Majik & Wickaman
Joe Syntax

And probably many many more that have either gone under the radar or not yet been announced

I remember Bailey had chosen Loadstar as his hot for '11 with the idea that their album would come out this year.. so I reckon it better be early 2012.

anyone know any more that are highly likely to be released? seems to be a lot of speculation of artists that could release an album

---------- Post added at 04:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 ----------

Pretty sure spectrasoul have an LP due as well

Read this somewhere as well. Lets hope so! If we had 2 individual artist albums next year from Shogun it would be sick, although Shogun history seems to suggest 1 album per year.. (1984 in 2009, Under The Ice this year) No doubt any album from spectrasoul/rockwell/Perez would be heavyweight so I imagine Friction would want to give just one the attention of the year..

Pretty sure spectrasoul have an LP due as well

This is what I came here to say.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

anyone know any more that are highly likely to be released? seems to be a lot of speculation of artists that could release an album

---------- Post added at 04:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 ----------

Read this somewhere as well. Lets hope so! If we had 2 individual artist albums next year from Shogun it would be sick, although Shogun history seems to suggest 1 album per year.. (1984 in 2009, Under The Ice this year) No doubt any album from spectrasoul/rockwell/Perez would be heavyweight so I imagine Friction would want to give just one the attention of the year..

They could just try and dominate the whole game and release all three though...

Spectrasoul's Album is next year without any doubt. Alix was in 2009 + the EP in 2010. This year it was icy's and next year it's spectrasouls. Shogun could easily churn out 2 albums? They had Under The Ice and Way Of The Warrior this year... Summer time is my guess.

You're kidding aren't you?

They release an album or compilation once a month it seems

Compilations & remix LPs? Yes. Artist LPs? Not so much. 2010 - Netsky, Danny Byrd; 2011 - Camo & Krooked, London Elektricity, Nu:Tone. So I really don't believe they will release new LPs from Netsky, S.P.Y, Fred V & Grafix, High Contrast & Logistics all in one year. Doesn't even make sense in the economical point of view.

Anyways there's a clear difference between compilations and artist LPs. As for Shogun, I'd say it's more likely 2012 is gonna be the year of Rockwell and 2013 year of Spectrasoul.

Think spectrasoul said in an interview 2012 would be there album year... Alix perez be lucky if we hear it by 2013... dub phizix is meant to be working on a few album ideas with marcus intalex i think... and so is SPY... but the spy just got signed to hospital...

...As for Shogun, I'd say it's more likely 2012 is gonna be the year of Rockwell and 2013 year of Spectrasoul.

Why should Rockwell be first up? Spectrasoul was signed longer and have already been saying they're working for an LP before Rockwell was signed. It's their turn. 2012.

Well Friction was talking about new Rockwell bits on the last podcast and it seems he's about to release his LP late 2012. Rumours about Spectrasoul LP are floating around for a fair few years already and yet nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom