Forthcoming Exit Releases

charge is cool, the rest sound like pointless minimal dj filler ...

i cant get massively excited about 4 empty tracks

i wish jubei's 'cold heart' was a bit longer though, it's like a 4 minute version of 'true romance', should have been extended & emphasised... It's like a stock aitken and waterman top of the pops edit for the charts...

'new in at number 38, it's Jubei with his radio friendly new track ... 'cold heart'

Last edited:
i wish jubei's 'cold heart' was a bit longer though, it's like a 4 minute version of 'true romance', should have been extended & emphasised... It's like a stock aitken and waterman top of the pops edit for the charts...

'new in at number 38, it's Jubei with his radio friendly new track ... 'cold heart'

View attachment 8519
can't hear any similarities to True Romance here, but yeah...it's too short. 16 bar intros are a no go for me.
Still a good tune.

Also the whole "Exit isn't a DnB label anymore" thing is bullshit - if it's 85bpm and you can play it in a set full of DnB then it's DnB.
disagree completely here. wonky, instrumental/abstract hip hop, footwork...those genres existed for quite a while without any link to d&b.
now that (former) d&b producers and labels release that kind of stuff it's suddenly all d&b? i don't think so.

Last edited:
disagree completely here. wonky, instrumental/abstract hip hop, footwork...those genres existed for quite a while without any link to d&b.
now that (former) d&b producers and labels release that kind of stuff it's suddenly all d&b? i don't think so.

If you're an open minded Techno DJ and you're making some oldschool industrial EBM stuff rub up against an Electro record or some minor Aphex Twin b-side before mixing a proper Techno record you're still a Techno DJ playing a Techno set.

If you're an open-minded House DJ and you're digging deep for old Brazilian Jazz Funk cuts or Afrobeat, and you're splicing those up with some Broken Beat or some Disco edits before moving things up a notch with some old Theo Parrish or Moodymann cut then you're still a House DJ playing House music.

If you're an open minded Drum and Bass DJ, and you are playing a record in a Drum and Bass set to a Drum and Bass crowd, and you're making it work, then yes, it's Drum and Bass, and I don't care if it's a Footwork or a Shangaan tune you found that randomly works really well with a Fracture tune, or whether you're pitching down a Dancehall instrumental to mix with some Cylon cut, or whether you're after finding some old Basic Channel album track that rolls out at 85 BPM if you pitch it way the fuck down.

can't hear any similarities to True Romance here, but yeah...it's too short. 16 bar intros are a no go for me.
Still a good tune.
Exactly how I felt after my vinyl arrived. I really like the track, but it's too short.

TL confirmed as

Charge
Mechanism
Snail Trail
Fibonacci Sequence

Any new (or old) Skeptical is always a good thing!

Clearly the production on this is very sharp, but it's very samey to what we've heard before from Skeptical.

Charge sounds like the love child of Transfer + Alix Perez & Monty - Caligo. Snail Trail and Mechanism are the pick of the bunch for me, but even those sound like the B & C sides off his collab EP with Perez some of the uninspiring ones of his LP. The title track is nice and left field but I'm struggling to imaging what it would be like in the mix or at a rave. Still probably pick up as it's some of the better stuff floating about at the moment.

We should start a "go fund me" to bring back old Skepi and his tunes like Explode / Explore The Myth, Orb and Bad Acid.

Plus a "go fund me" for Rockwells old tunes

The tracks are just too empty, charge sounds great a couple of plays, but it won't take much time to release it's an empty minimal beat, some bass and one noise.

Honestly can't think of a Skeptical tune that I've fallen for as hard since Square Breathing or maybe Imperial

Got an email from Exit newsletter about this single, also mentions it's taken from his album 'Lingua Franca'

a3044761290_16.jpg

1. Helium I
  2. Yottabyte
  3. Hydrofracker
  4. Introducing Spacebody
  5. Original Trailer
  6. Contains Syncron feat Hector Plimmer

Side B:

1. Seed Mantra feat. Elsa Hewitt & Saskia Horton
  2. Filter Bubble feat. Deft
  3. Helium II
  4. Pull feat. Guilty Simpson
  5. Outpost
  6. Main Theme

17th May.
6 tunes a side though :-/

Clearly the production on this is very sharp, but it's very samey to what we've heard before from Skeptical.

Charge sounds like the love child of Transfer + Alix Perez & Monty - Caligo. Snail Trail and Mechanism are the pick of the bunch for me, but even those sound like the B & C sides off his collab EP with Perez some of the uninspiring ones of his LP. The title track is nice and left field but I'm struggling to imaging what it would be like in the mix or at a rave. Still probably pick up as it's some of the better stuff floating about at the moment.

Would agree with this, very average EP but I guess the expectations for skeppi are very high. I think some of the older stuff he released was/is fresher bare the title track, which is cool tune but it will not have the shelf life / impact Imperial had or his pick up the pieces remix.

Back
Top Bottom