Forthcoming Exit Releases

Dolenz & Guilty Simpson I probably expected more from but the EP still bangs as a whole and the album will slap

Fulltono thing is fully about rhythm and it's a lot of fun to mix with

Agree with the praise for the jubei release but the B side is kinda forgettable

Exit's not really a dnb label anymore (and hasn't been for yonks), expected everyone to have accepted that by now......

"Little Dubplate" is great, serious skills to wring something fresh sounding out of one of the most tired formulas in all of D&B, it sounds like the sort of thing that would have come out on Soul:R in like 2005 and that is a huge compliment.

Yeah that Fulltono release was a bit.... I played it to my mate who is a complete Footwork nerd and really rates Fulltono and loads of the Japanese Footwork stuff and even he was sitting there like "so is this all it does?" after 90 seconds. They are wicked grooves but there's not much else going on apart from that. Probably super useful transition tools to get from DnB to Footwork and back really smoothly and subtly though, which is presumably why dBridge was so taken with them.

Also the whole "Exit isn't a DnB label anymore" thing is bullshit - if it's 85bpm and you can play it in a set full of DnB then it's DnB.

Got an email from Exit newsletter about this single, also mentions it's taken from his album 'Lingua Franca'
Exit's not really a dnb label anymore (and hasn't been for yonks), expected everyone to have accepted that by now......
I consider Exit to be a bit like Hyperdub these days. Both started out as genre-specific labels but have since branched out.

Got an email from Exit newsletter about this single, also mentions it's taken from his album 'Lingua Franca'

I consider Exit to be a bit like Hyperdub these days. Both started out as genre-specific labels but have since branched out.

Ah sick, yeah there's an album coming, saw a tracklist somewhere...

Definitely a couple of Elsa Hewitt features on there from memory, great vocalist look out 4 her

I was hoping the Mefjus collab was on this

Same here. I believe that ones called Runway, or that's another colab of theirs. Probably Kasra has snapped that up

Charge in here from 31 mins. Sounds like old ideas from Skepi

Hoping one of the other 3 on this EP is this

Skeptical's got a teaser for another collab with Mefjus up on one of his instagram stories at the moment. Maybe they're building up some tracks for an eventual EP.

Same here. I believe that ones called Runway, or that's another colab of theirs. Probably Kasra has snapped that up

Charge in here from 31 mins. Sounds like old ideas from Skepi

Hoping one of the other 3 on this EP is this

That sounds terrible

Back
Top Bottom