Forthcoming Dispatch Releases

Sleepwalkers is a wicked tune, love the piano sample, will be buying this one. I think these 'dubplates' would be better off with a track per side though, as per actual dubplates. Quality over quantity.

:worm::flashfap::worm2:

0015452657_10.jpg

https://dispatchrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/wormatic-lp

Was REALLY looking forward to this album (big fan of Dabs), and my view on the tunes is:
  • 1. CWM - solid tune, cool ethereal vocal
  • 2. Buntlack - like this one, chunky (on vinyl B1)
  • 3. Walkman (ft. Nymfo) C - good tune, might be a grower (on vinyl C)
  • 4. Eardrum A - definitely a big one, its got my head nodding (on vinyl A)
  • 5. Martini (Interlude) - N/R
  • 6. Got the Message (ft. Illaman & Kwality) - dope tune cool vocals
  • 7. Granulair - really like this one! its got a 'Signal' feel about it...catchy rhythm
  • 8. Sleepless City D2 - don't mind this one, but not doing much for me either (on vinyl D2)
  • 9. Adenosine (ft. Quadrant & Iris) B2 - was looking forward to this collab...falls short for me (just a 'meh' tune) (on vinyl B2)
  • 10. Dicotomy (Interlude) - N/R
  • 11. Tempra - pretty sick, another stomper (that little change-up is MEAN)
  • 12. Shape of Things - kinda cool, another grower maybe? (on vinyl D1)
  • 13. Wednesday - LOVE this one...got that old Dabs feel to it (techy with stabs, really catchy)
  • 14. Last Note (ft. Wrath) - nice little light one to finish

Overall, an OK album on first couple of listens. Gutted that the vinyl doesn't feature either of my favourite tunes on there (Granulair and Wednesday). Going to have to listen to the clips a few more times before I can decide if what is getting pressed is worth the purchase.

What do you guys think if it??

Was REALLY looking forward to this album (big fan of Dabs), and my view on the tunes is:
  • 1. CWM - solid tune, cool ethereal vocal
  • 2. Buntlack - like this one, chunky (on vinyl B1)
  • 3. Walkman (ft. Nymfo) C - good tune, might be a grower (on vinyl C)
  • 4. Eardrum A - definitely a big one, its got my head nodding (on vinyl A)
  • 5. Martini (Interlude) - N/R
  • 6. Got the Message (ft. Illaman & Kwality) - dope tune cool vocals
  • 7. Granulair - really like this one! its got a 'Signal' feel about it...catchy rhythm
  • 8. Sleepless City D2 - don't mind this one, but not doing much for me either (on vinyl D2)
  • 9. Adenosine (ft. Quadrant & Iris) B2 - was looking forward to this collab...falls short for me (just a 'meh' tune) (on vinyl B2)
  • 10. Dicotomy (Interlude) - N/R
  • 11. Tempra - pretty sick, another stomper (that little change-up is MEAN)
  • 12. Shape of Things - kinda cool, another grower maybe? (on vinyl D1)
  • 13. Wednesday - LOVE this one...got that old Dabs feel to it (techy with stabs, really catchy)
  • 14. Last Note (ft. Wrath) - nice little light one to finish

Overall, an OK album on first couple of listens. Gutted that the vinyl doesn't feature either of my favourite tunes on there (Granulair and Wednesday). Going to have to listen to the clips a few more times before I can decide if what is getting pressed is worth the purchase.

What do you guys think if it??

As much as it perked my ears up on first listen and made me think of buying it, after a few listens I'm still not sold. 3 to 4 of the 6 tunes on the vinyls are doing it for me

Buntlack, Sleepless City and Eardrum have catchy hooks with some filthy funk. Shape of Things is the grower for me. Undecided how I feel about it. Interesting drum work though

Adenosine and Walkman - there just isn't enough there that grabs me and the bass seems lazy.

Only time will tell on a decision

is it 4 tracks per side?

i wouldn't buy it if every single track was an 11/10

on a side note, my copy of zero t and beta 2 dubplate came and it's a wicked smart release, 3 excellent tracks .....

is it 4 tracks per side?

i wouldn't buy it if every single track was an 11/10

on a side note, my copy of zero t and beta 2 dubplate came and it's a wicked smart release, 3 excellent tracks .....
Its 3 tunes a plate...

Vinyl Track listing

A. "Eardrum"
B1. "Buntlack"
B2. "Adenosine (ft. Quadrant & Iris)"
C. "Walkman (ft. Nymfo)"
D1. "Shape of Things"
D2. "Sleepless City"

Walkman is great. That's some good old fashioned rolling tech.
Adenosine sounds like a Break tune from 2004

Walkman is definitely the one

Haven't seen anything posted about this one. Bloody brilliant release imo, no idea who this guy is but he's got a bright future....

Back
Top Bottom