Forthcoming Demand Records

Heya,

Thanks for the interest :2thumbs:

Want to clarify something: Vinyl releases are mainly for Requisites where we put a lot of effort, trying to get the best out of all artists involved. Here we don't really care about financials.
Regarding this EP: If people are going mental for something we're the first to consider it but for now there's no vinyl release planned. As well now that he's signed exclusively we're financially involved and with the vinyl figures we sell nowadays, it doesn't make any sense.

Heya,

Thanks for the interest :2thumbs:

Want to clarify something: Vinyl releases are mainly for Requisites where we put a lot of effort, trying to get the best out of all artists involved. Here we don't really care about financials.
Regarding this EP: If people are going mental for something we're the first to consider it but for now there's no vinyl release planned. As well now that he's signed exclusively we're financially involved and with the vinyl figures we sell nowadays, it doesn't make any sense.
Disappointing but understandable...TBF I think retrospectively pressing releases isn't that good of an idea these days for most releases. Only the absolute sought-after ones (like Serum's EP on 31) will still have traction after the process IMO, and the rest will most likely not do as well due to the fast-pace and forgettable nature of a lot of releases and music these days (which does not necessarily relate to the quality of the music, just the landscape its released in). This will lead to the label being even less motivated to do any vinyl at all. I am seeing a lot of labels vinyl releases appearing a month after the digital, and I swear they are getting looked past as they are already a bit old. I have noticed labels like Eatbrain have stopped pressing altogether now, and I am sure that's the reason for it (their vinyl releases were always notoriously delayed from their digital).

I am seeing a lot of labels vinyl releases appearing a month after the digital, and I swear they are getting looked past as they are already a bit old. I have noticed labels like Eatbrain have stopped pressing altogether now, and I am sure that's the reason for it (their vinyl releases were always notoriously delayed from their digital).

Never really understood why the digital and vinyl release dates should differ on labels. I used to take note of particular labels release dates for vinyl to see if they had some sort of correlation, and for a long while it was good at predicting when the next release was coming. But in todays industry there is no correlation at all, with Record Store Day releases and the Christmas Holiday shut down etc all affecting release schedules. I think Mr Presha mentioned that a release could take 3 to 4 months (or more) to come to fruition, and as a lover of vinyl, it really doesn't bother me that a release may have taken that long, providing its all relative, and a surprise that its shortly due to come out when people start confirming it

Also speaks volumes that people still wanted and fulfilled the last Hazard and Break vinyl releases on Playaz that they pressed the following year after they initially came out

big up for posting :2thumbs:

SubMarine EP out since Friday: https://fanlink.to/selects7

One of the most exciting things happening right now in the Drum & Bass scene is the talent that goes by the name of 'SubMarine'. Those following Selects have already encountered the name and we're very chuffed to see the return of the man with his 'Shamane EP' which highlights the great variety in his music. From the tribal 'Shamane' to the cinematic 'Backshift' the cologne based producer knows exactly what he's doing behind the buttons and offers us four killer cuts for your listening pleasure. What else is left to say: Enjoy the music!

Not too long to wait now, and looking forward to hearing these + potentially getting my mitts on some physical Submarine

Due approx 26th January - Requisites 3

A1 RoyGreen & Protone - Speak The Truth (Bladerunner remix)
A2 Mystic State - Follow
B1 LSB - Subdued (EastColors remix)
B2 Submarine - Taiko

https://distribution.triplevision.nl/release/DMNDREQ003/
audio:
https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/92461-dmndreq003-requisite-3-va

Speak the Truth rmx is definitely different to what I thought it would be like! dubbed out steez

27173129_1637263266340178_8145894736284089603_o.jpg

COMPETITION TIME! We are going to choose two guys that can win the following:

> REQ001 (headphones)
> REQ002 (speaker)
> REQ003 (needle)
> Winter Cap

Just like this post here on dnbforum for a chance to win! (note: we're running this competition also on facebook & instagram so the winner could be on any of the 3 platforms)

Good luck!

I like the first 3 tracks on this one. My favorite one is the Bladerunner remix closely followed by Follow.

And thx for the giveaway. :2thumbs:

Sorry lads. Kishin and Michael won (both on facebook) but we'll do this again. Much love for the likes & love for the release :)

Back
Top Bottom