Forthcoming Critical/Modulations Releases

the Halogenix e.p sounds promising, amazing artwork and 1 track per side..... looking forward to hearing this...

1586426506627.png
1586426529586.png

&

In the meantime. Loving that Circuits - Wingwalker!

In the meantime. Loving that Circuits - Wingwalker!

Audio up for the halogenix release in usual places, sounding amazing and very fresh. Will be the first critical release I've bought in a while.
Halogenix has to be one of the most exciting artists in the scene right now - I never know what kinda tune its gonna be when I load up a sample, but inevitably love them all!

I do like Halogenix as he makes amazing, well rounded, stand out music, akin to Alix Perez for example. But even someone like Alix (who some might call a GOAT) makes greatly produced liquid, like Halogenix, which I just can't buy into. Dragonforce is the best tune for me on this EP, and it's the title track for good reason... quick, snappy, and reminds me of him doing something different like he was credited for with Blej. Takina is okay and the other 2 liquid rollers would get a play and then sit their gathering dust, which makes me unable to part with the other side of £20 for, which is a shame, as Dragonforce is SO damn good!

I like what Skeptical does with his EPs where there's a sick title track, couple of dark rollers, and something experimental or steppy, which is a great formula (IMO) to follow, but I know everyone does things differently.

▪Velvet had 2 deep rollers, a liquidy bit and something more outside his comfort zone.
▪His Systems EP was half and half experimental half time bits and liquid bits.
▪Jumpsuit had 2 liquidy bits, a deep roller and something bouncy / more experimental.
▪Gaslight had an amazing title track, 2 somewhat liquid bits, and Line B was alright.
▪Deep News was and still is great. It showcases more of amazing deepness as well as some great halftime.
▪Where as All Blue was all liquid.

I just wish his EP's were more well balanced, as they would appeal to a wider audience.

Back
Top Bottom