Forthcoming Album's / LP's 2020

Halftribe & Spinnet - Patterns Of Sync (already released).

Halftribe (Ryan Bissett) and Spinnet (Vasilis Kesalidis) synthesize a rare breed of ambient electronica. In Patterns of Sync, Halftribe's velvety tones fuse with Spinnet's specialized rhythmic structures to coalesce in a captivating journey through a multitude of emotions, sensations and brain-wave states.

That "Don't wake the babies" remix is probably the most cringeworthy tune I've ever heard. The rest of the trackless looks fire though

Those vocals...yeesh

(now comes the part where someone from the label joins the forum to tell us off) :teeth:

*out today*
Bringing that Estonian funk, Paranoid Society deliver the goods for Ortem with this 8 Track multi tempo mini LP.

Olga Royk2 kicks off the whole affair with an ethereal pad, breaks and bongo workout. If you know PS from previous outings this is a warm lush journey through the jungle encountering birds, bleeps and booming bass.

27th Oktofunk is reminiscent of a cosmic orchestra tuning up. Two step chopped breaks interweave with the string section before things get deep, hard and saxxy space oddity.

Unit Tracking 33 is all chord work lashed together with breaks. It's propelled into a bass and drum odyssey and is encapsulated in filtered break fills and space age vibes.

Cpt is vintage analogue synth madness twinned with a subtle beat and an off the hook metal sounding bass. Vocals warn of a curse and the track charts a course into psychedelic territories.

Science experiments with high pass breaks, intricate programming and an ominous underlying Eastern vibe.

Whisper21 gets into your ear and utters a certain unsettling eeriness. It squelches as the creatures move and contort within the layers of the tune.

Continuity Errors a door slides open at the touch of a keypad, circuits bristle with new information and impulses are transmitted.

Sloac exits with a mixture of morse code, machine language and smoke signals.

Re-issue

Kemistry & Storm DJ Kicks. Around 8th May

cd

1. Dom + Roland - "Trauma"
  2. John B - "Ole"
  3. The Architex + DJ Loxy - "Submerged"
  4. Test - "The Fuse"
  5. Digital & Spirit - "Mission Accomplished"
  6. DJ Die - "Clear Skyz"
  7. Bill Riley - "Closing In"
  8. Sci Clone - "Everywhere I Go" (remix)
  9. Decoder - "Stash"
  10. Goldie - "Hyaena"
  11. Jonny L - "Uneasy"
  12. John B - "Pressure"
  13. Primary Motive - "Venom"
  14. J Majik - "Space Jam"
  15. Test - "Static" (K7 mix)
  16. Absolute Zero & Subphonics - "The Code"
  17. Test - "Tronik Funk"

2 x 12"
  1. Primary Motive - "Venom"
  2. Bill Riley - "Closing In"
  3. Jonny L - "Uneasy"
  4. John B - "Ole"
  5. DJ Die - "Clear Skyz"
  6. Absolute Zero & Subphonics - "The Code"
  7. John B - "Pressure"
  8. Dom + Roland - "Trauma"

Vision are repressing Mefjus' 2018 Manifest. Would make more sense to press Particles if you ask me!

also Wilkinson and Subfocus have been working on album called Portals, which looks like it should be seeing a release this year.

FB_IMG_1587391147660.jpg

and possibly and Imanu album at some point, from comments about the post above...

Screenshot_20200420_100018.jpg

Well apparently Shelflife 7 isn’t that far off as well

“It includes: an unreleased collaboration between Marcus Intalex and Calibre ‘Lobeat’, an exclusive Shelflife 07 track ‘Sweet Sound', and a 50 min long podcast interview with Calibre and Fabio from our radio residency with Sun And Bass (2019).”

I thought it may have been a typo but that tune isn’t on the Shelflife 6 tracklist

intriguing. what do we reckon, artist or VA LP?

Cats out of the bag on the DYL & DB1 LP. Was so tempted to call it after that recent DYL interview where he said he'd been working with DB1 a lot.... and.... It's pretty incredible to be honest. First listen was when everyone was asleep in the house so had to be quiet, but you can't listen to this quietly to appreciate how good it is! The five 170ish bpm tunes are quality, with #10 some stand out epic autonomic vibe. Monumental Instramental type thing with flavours of those menacing bits of the Sepia Tones EP. Big bagged around 19th June

DYL + DB1 - ECOU (2 X LP)

Ecou #1 to #12 : Re:st Re25

Last edited:
Loving this...

Soft Boi (Pessimist) - So Nice (album and 2 x 12" LP) (Climate Of Fear Records) around 17th June

1.Saying Hi To You
2.Fais Moi La Guerre (feat. Nastychong)
3.Something To Say
4.For A Moment
5.Just Run
6.Jealous Type
7.Guestlist
8.And Shout
9.So Nice
10.Bye Then

For its second release, Climate of Fear proudly presents “So Nice,” the debut LP from Soft Boi aka Pessimist aka Kristian Jabs. Following 2019’s sludge-crawl collab with Karim Maas and the eco-hellscape new age of Boreal Massif’s “We All Have An Impact,” Jabs turns his attention to a new nightmare: dating. “So Nice” dials back the suffocating d’n’b bass weight Jabs has perfected, opting instead for a shimmering palette of magenta hued synth leads and chunky Rhythm Nation snare cracks.

Across this languid backdrop, Jabs narrates the inner monologue of his Soft Boi counterpart. By turns cheeky, seething and emotive, his terse lyrics dissect modern masculinity with unflinching control. Hours blearily wasted on dating apps, spiraling arguments and circular obsessions, the clammy loneliness of self-obsession and the rigid fury of objectification all spread out across the album like an oil spill.

From the opening credits roll of “Saying Hi To You,” through the slo-mo rave sheen of “Fais Moi La Guerre” (feat Nastychong), the junglist malaise of “And Shout” and the boiled trip hop of “Guestlist,” “So Nice” is an album of surprising violence, tightly coiled and covered in an artificially-sweetened pop glaze. As Soft Boi, Jabs reclaims the conceptual from its oft-clinical corner, giving us a concept / breakup album rooted in the club marketplace, executed with punk’s jugular concision and driven by a deep antipathy for modern life & love.

Bandcamp message from Kid Drama

Hope everyone is well!
It's been a bit of a headfuck here, my 94 year old nan got the virus and has been in hospital, she's fighting it and doing well though!
I've not been overly inspired (as I can imagine a lot of people are feeling right now) but I've sat down this week and put together a selection of sounds for the second £10 drop.

I've rewired my whole studio and I'm going to settle into writing an album. I want to make something that you will listen to from start to finish like an old album, not a collection of hype tracks, but a journey taking influences from my favourite Artists I've loved throughout the years.
Tomorrow Bandcamp are dropping their fees again so use the code "ALL25" to get 25% off anything!

X
Damon”
So his album project isn’t dead after all. Probably won’t be this year though

Cats out of the bag on the DYL & DB1 LP. Was so tempted to call it after that recent DYL interview where he said he'd been working with DB1 a lot.... and.... It's pretty incredible to be honest. First listen was when everyone was asleep in the house so had to be quiet, but you can't listen to this quietly to appreciate how good it is! The five 170ish bpm tunes are quality, with #10 some stand out epic autonomic vibe. Monumental Instramental type thing with flavours of those menacing bits of the Sepia Tones EP. Big bagged around 19th June

DYL + DB1 - ECOU (2 X LP)

Ecou #1 to #12 : Re:st Re25

wicked. can't wait to acquaint myself with this over time.

Back
Top Bottom