Forthcoming Thirty One Recordings

Cocooned is the worst track Bungle has ever written imo. I agree with Rythmatix 100% on this, Eclipse was a great tune!

Indeed. I can't stand that 1 note bass line of Cocooned, yet it seems loads of the top DJ's were playing it. And that vip is atrocious!

Eclipse was talked about more and cropped up in mixes more out of the 4 tunes on that EP

Bummer. Was hoping for at least one tune like "Distance" or "Eclipse".
I feel you. Something like these 2 tracks would have been great on a Bungle EP.

Eclipse really needs a pressing one day.

Vinyl backers / Go Fund Me page for Eclipse & Distance please @Docscott31 :2thumbs:

i agree about 'cocooned', it was surprising to see it so popular, though i guess it was fresh at the time and very modern / futurist jump up which is the kind of techno vibe Doc Scott loves.... it's the remix i didn't like though, sounds like a dial up modem, the original is a cool little dj tool.

i love 31 records though, this label and Doc Scott's dj'ing has been an inspiration to me for 25 years! his podcast's have been the soundtrack to my running for many many years ...... RESPECT.

Indeed. I can't stand that 1 note bass line of Cocooned, yet it seems loads of the top DJ's were playing it. And that vip is atrocious!

Eclipse was talked about more and cropped up in mixes more out of the 4 tunes on that EP

Vinyl backers / Go Fund Me page for Eclipse & Distance please @Docscott31 :2thumbs:
Distance is already the flip side to Cocooned

I remember hearing Cocooned three times in one night and thinking gee this new SPY tune sure is popular
Was surprised to see it was a Bungle tune

Distance is already the flip side to Cocooned

Shows just how much I paid attention to the vinyl release with such a wack A side (to me)!

Also remember @Vydx saying Loxy was gaining all the tunes off that EP at 1 point, which speaks volumes.

Don't know what's wrong with me and tune releases recently. Normally I'm better than that!

Shows just how much I paid attention to the vinyl release with such a wack A side (to me)!

Also remember @Vydx saying Loxy was gaining all the tunes off that EP at 1 point, which speaks volumes.

Don't know what's wrong with me and tune releases recently. Normally I'm better than that!
Yes you’re usually our trusty trainspotter on here :)

What do you mean by “loxy was gaining all the tunes”?

Anyone catch the Bungle EP that came out on Prestige Music earlier this year? Physical Dub is essentially a reworking of Eclipse.

Also, Cocooned was one of those tunes that when you heard it for the first time you instantly knew it was gonna end up a classic. Just perfectly engineered, weaponised grottiness. Ended up with everyone clamouring for "that tune with the one note bassline".

Anyone catch the Bungle EP that came out on Prestige Music earlier this year? Physical Dub is essentially a reworking of Eclipse.

Also, Cocooned was one of those tunes that when you heard it for the first time you instantly knew it was gonna end up a classic. Just perfectly engineered, weaponised grottiness. Ended up with everyone clamouring for "that tune with the one note bassline".
ah, yes I forgot about this plate - I thought the tune was reminding me of something (but didn't think it reminded me of another Bungle tune!)...will have to find that one and give it some spins

Checked the previews and I'm feeling it, Enigma especially. No doubt the other tracks will grow on me, much like his previous 31 offering did.

I think it's worth mentioning actually, how his guy manages to nail vibes AND engineering (his drums yo!), as if that wasn't impressive and uncommon enough already, he also comes out with some of the most original sounding work i've heard in dnb, and for years at that too. Fortunate as someone into d&b to have a label with a following like 31 invest in an artist that clearly values pushing things a little bit forward.

Those bemoaning the lack of variety a la Eclipse, aside from the Physical Dub tune above, did you all not listen to 'Illuminate' from last years ep? Eclipse drums, vibes not too dissimilar and on top of that it had a full side to itself with the vip of Cocooned being on the a?

I understand physically owning the actual Eclipse track would be ideal but hey I liked his Cocooned EP so much I thought to myself all 4 tracks could've been a-siders but yet two of them will probably never make their way. That's just how it is though and I don't think I can complain unless I feel I could do better.

Having said that, I'd be excited for an eventual album project from him, I feel his more cerebral work on e.g Scientific would help form part of a cohesive long player.

It is clear that Bungle is great at producing and making well rounded tunes. I believe he's next in line after Hidden Turn for most released tunes on 31 Recs since their restart, with the fact Hidden Turn has had an LP on the label racking up his numbers, so he must be doing something right in Doc Scott's eyes.

His tunes just don't tickle my fancy like they do to other people. The last tune of his I picked up was that bit on Liqweed Ganja which was a very long time ago. Tunes need to excite me more than the norm for me to pick them up these days and a lot of the time they tend to fall into "the norm". And yes, that Cocooned vip is one fucking atrocious piece of music

Yeah his production values are amazing but the recent tunes are arguably contentless and sterile, do I understand why some may not like them

They're useful well produced DJ tools but the ideas aren't exactly mind blowing

I like them for what they are

I fucking love Bungle, after years of kind of ignoring him he's really started to grow on me, when he gets it right he gets it REALLY right imo, Physical Dub has been a firm favourite for ages, so much you can do with it.

Back
Top Bottom