FormerAllies & Aetherial - ID(WIP) (Liquid DnB)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Maerode, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Hey guys,
    I started producing around 2 years ago but never really made a song.
    Usually it was just starting with something and then after a while just throwing it away again, or saving it and never looking at it again.
    Now since a few weeks I've told myself that when I start with something, I'm gonna have to finish it before I'm allowed to start with something new.
    I've been working on this track for a bit now and I would appreciate it if I could get some feedback on it.
    It's far from done tho, but I'd like some opinions to see if I'm going in the right direction or not.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hi FA. not bad for a first track. melody and arrangment are spot on. good vibe and atmosphere throughout the song. you need to improvve on sound quality, though. not knwoing what equipment you are using, i assume the track lacks in effects. add EQ to each group / track and let main parts stick more out. the master needs more punch and some transient shaping. good track that can sound really nice when complte mixed / mastered. cheers!

Maerode likes this.
  3. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Thanks for your feedback!
    Right now I'm using FL studio 12 with a bunch of vst's like Massive,Z3TA2 +,Sytrus etc.
    The track indeed lacks in effects at the moment, I wanted to have the basics first before starting to add stuff like that.
    Also, the drums are just a placeholder for now, I grabbed them from a samplepack. Those will be changed when I got around to making my own.

4. geordie

geordie SAIPH

That pluck sound clashes with the high frequency attack of the kick. for example 1:05. Maybe separate the pluck a bit more in the stereo field :)

Maerode likes this.
  5. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Yeah I've noticed that aswell. Thanks for the tip, I'll play around with it!

geordie likes this.
  6. alexanthony

alexanthony Impact (Engage Audio)

I Like it, good atmosphere. Sounds a bit quiet, the drums especially, but that's no major. I also feel the bassline could do with some work, is a woobly for me, but thtats just my taste.

the progressive keys/piano are really nice and i like the drum arrangement. Definitely my cup of tea musically so looking forward to hearing more. Think this tunes needs a wicked female vocal on it to really make it!!

I have a few similar tracks on this forum so have a listen if you get the chance!!

Maerode likes this.
  7. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Thanks a lot man!
    I agree that the drums are a bit too quiet but as I said in my previous post, they're just a placeholder until I get to making my own drums.
    I had the same problem with the bassline as you do and I noticed that I had accidentally put an extra LFO on it with the waveform set to random, so that's fixed now.

I've always loved vocals aswell so I'll see if I can find anything that suits the song well!
    I'll check out your songs in a second and try to give you my best feedback, eventho I'm a beginner haha.

Cheers!

8. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Here the latest version without the LFO on the bassline and something for an outro.
    I'll update the one in the original post aswell.