FORMATS.

Eagarmizzle

SOUTH WEEZY
Why do peeps look down on dj's when they use digital formats?
ie: USB controller/stick. Or cdj's, tracktor, serato etc...... Times are changing and it shouldn't be something we should be caring about????

This will be an argument until the end of time my friend...

I'm a vinyl DJ and I don't look down on digital DJ's at all... I get pissed off with DJ's that can't mix without using the sync button and that have no knowledge of tunes :)

Last edited:
ahb700kf97qaaza6g.jpg

Why do peeps look down on dj's when they use digital formats?
ie: USB controller/stick. Or cdj's, tracktor, serato etc...... Times are changing and it shouldn't be something we should be caring about????

you say that like we're in a year 2008 or something. afaik most djs here in 2013 use digital and only very few prefer vinyl. so mate...times have changed a long time ago already. ;)

This will be an argument until the end of time my friend...

I'm a vinyl DJ and I don't look down on digital DJ's at all... I get pissed off with DJ's that can't mix without using the sync button and that have knowledge of tunes :)

But what if you know they can mix pro but decided to break out VDJ and and a mixtrack on a set. Would you egg em?

- - - Updated - - -

search function...sure you can be bored enough without bringing the topic up again for some more unrefreshing opinions

No time fo dat!

But what if you know they can mix pro but decided to break out VDJ and and a mixtrack on a set. Would you egg em?

- - - Updated - - -

No time fo dat!

When I go to a dance I am there for the tunes, not to watch the DJ whilst in deep thought about his mixing technique. If the sounds comings out the speakers sound good, then I'm not gonna complain.

But if a DJ cannot beatmatch using their ears and they get asked to play at a venue that has some wicked CDJs, they are gonna look like a fucking idiot when they bring their shitty numark controller.

Personally I'm not bothered if they can beat match or not. It isn't for me to judge. At the end of the day, as long as they know how to select then i'm happy.

They got there some way some how so who gives a fook???????!!!!!

I use a mixture of vinyl and serato and the reason i hate controller dj's is because the vast majority of them cant mix themselves. Simple as that.

If i walked into a rave and they were using controllers, mashing sync etc, fuck that... im out of there. Not paying money to go see someone who cant even mix.

I use a mixture of vinyl and serato and the reason i hate controller dj's is because the vast majority of them cant mix themselves. Simple as that.

If i walked into a rave and they were using controllers, mashing sync etc, fuck that... im out of there. Not paying money to go see someone who cant even mix.

This all over

tbh I much prefer drag and dropping tunes onto my usb stick than burning loads of CDs! USBs are much better.

i dunno hey... the feeling i get when i go through looking for the cd and ejecting and shit i imagine thats what the vinyl heads feel and all ... closest il ever get to the vinyl hipsters feeling :( i can chase the high tho

Back
Top Bottom