Formation Goodie Bags

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
These seem to be quite a good little offer. Just got this e-mail from DnB Arena, but I see Chemical (and most of the others probably) have them too.

VARIOUS - Formation Records Goodie Bag (Formation)
Goodie bag contains five of the following six titles:
"Decade Of Breaks" Parts 1 2 3 & 4; Grand National-"Total Extacy";
In Ya Soul/MA1-"Motion" Only 6.80! (<- DnB Arena's price)

5 tunes for under £7!!! Ok, the tunes arent all that but its still a bit of a bargain!!! :slayer:

Originally posted by Mulla
These seem to be quite a good little offer. Just got this e-mail from DnB Arena, but I see Chemical (and most of the others probably) have them too.

VARIOUS - Formation Records Goodie Bag (Formation)
Goodie bag contains five of the following six titles:
"Decade Of Breaks" Parts 1 2 3 & 4; Grand National-"Total Extacy";
In Ya Soul/MA1-"Motion" Only 6.80! (<- DnB Arena's price)

5 tunes for under £7!!! Ok, the tunes arent all that but its still a bit of a bargain!!! :slayer:

Wow, I didn't know Grand National made "Total Extacy"!!!! :lol::lol:

I think what it means is you get the bootleg repress that they made which has Rhythm for Reasons "Grand National" on one side and EQ "Total Extacy" on the other, this I have. The MA1 "Motion" is cool but I already have the original. So all thats left is Decade of Breaks and I have the only one thats worth while, vol.3 I think it was. So really this isn't all that great of a thing if you already have these tunes. :lol:

I think the thing behind this is that they didn't sell enough of these bootleg represses and Decade of Breaks series and so they need to clear them out to make room for other crap in their storage basement or where ever it is that they stockpile their un-sold records.

If it was any other case they would be throwing in GOOD records like old Tango & Ratty and so on.

Ok, Bargain Hunters...

I dunno really, kinda like a few of the decade of breaks releases.....

Fallopian Tube was a bad track, Next Decade was a nice roller, Analogue Signals was ok too. Lets be honest, you can't knock 5 avarage to good tunes for £7 if you've not got them before.

The represses were never bootlegs anyway. They were pressed up from the original masters that the original presses were. So you are getting what you would have got if you bought it back in the day. Same sound quality etc, just a different sleve and white label on the record.

david-dickinson.jpg

BARGAIN!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Caution
So you are getting what you would have got if you bought it back in the day. Same sound quality etc, just a different sleve and white label on the record.

Completely incorrect. If I bought EQ "Total Extasy" in 1992 I would have gotten 3 other SLAMMIN' tracks by EQ such as the mind numbingly BRILLIANT "So High", a track which still eludes my capture. :cry:

Originally posted by 1992
Completely incorrect. If I bought EQ "Total Extasy" in 1992 I would have gotten 3 other SLAMMIN' tracks by EQ such as the mind numbingly BRILLIANT "So High", a track which still eludes my capture. :cry:

No, I think you misunderstood me mate. I was taking about the actual sound quality of the tracks featured on these represses, not the actual tracks that appear on each vinyl. A bootleg to me is often an illegal and / or inferior press of the original release. These are official Formation REPRESSES taken from the original source that the originals presses were.

I was just trying to clear up that these represses arn't some dodgy bootlegs knocked up somewhere.

:afro:

Can I be right now?

:lol:

I dunno really, kinda like a few of the decade of breaks releases.....

That Tekniq tune 'Hardlinez' was naaaaasty!

Lets be honest, you can't knock 5 avarage to good tunes for £7 if you've not got them before.

The point I was trying to make originally mate. Of course Formation arent going to give away all there best releases in an offer like this!!! But deals like this are handy if you missed the tune first time round, or if your just starting to mix and looking for cheap vinyl.

Originally posted by Mulla
The point I was trying to make originally mate. Of course Formation arent going to give away all there best releases in an offer like this!!! But deals like this are handy if you missed the tune first time round, or if your just starting to mix and looking for cheap vinyl.

I would snap one of these up myself if I didn't already have them all.

Now you mention it that Tekniq tune was pretty heavy.

:afro:

@ Caution: Ok in that case you are correct, the sound quality is pretty crisp. However I personally strongly dislike it when things get repressed in a way that differs from the original release such as these and even the Basement represses were disapointing for the same reason.

The decade of breaks or whatever record that I mentioned was nice was called Tekniq "Hardlines" on Formation 12091 (part 3). The last two digits of the catalog number also represents the vibe that this song 'tries' to send to you. That is its a pretty brutal onslaught of Belgian Techno, I mean the riff reaks of Joey Beltram if you get me. My complaint is the beats. Its a really crusty sounding pitched down amen break which rubs me the wrong way entirely. Another way to describe this song is it sounds like Twisted Individual's "The Rukus" but with that 91 belgian techno riff.

Back
Top Bottom