DnB Form Control - The Keymaker

Top tune mate. Far better than anything I'm putting out so I don't really have any feedback :/

But quality tune (and artwork)!

Thanks alot man! I really appreciate that. I enjoyed listening to the track in your signature, I'm assuming that's you. Drums are solid and it has a really flowing vibe.

The basses are sick as fuck mate lol

Drums let the tune down a little, the edits etc on them are wicked, but for how hard the tune is trying to be the drums are a little weaker

Great work in this though dude :)

- - - Updated - - -

The drums in your dubstep are pretty tough though!

In terms of production, nothing to say... all great work, sound design pro and everything.

I do feel stylistically, it's a bit chaotic in the drop. It all flashes between different ideas so quickly that it's lacking a backbone. Kinda hard to explain what I mean, but it's like you've taken 10 awesome tracks then cut them up and stitched them all together again to make one track. Does that make sense at all?

Last edited:
In terms of production, nothing to say... all great work, sound design pro and everything.

I do feel stylistically, it's a bit chaotic in the drop. It all flashes between different ideas so quickly that it's lacking a backbone. Kinda hard to explain what I mean, but it's like you've taken 10 awesome tracks then cut them up and stitched them all together again to make one track. Does that make sense at all?

Thanks for all the feedback! For the drums im getting it remastered so they hit harder. The more I listen to it the more I notice that too. I agree that its quite chaotic. I always wanted to make things that change all the time but Im still finding a balance between that and the track having a common theme.

Agree with the guys above. The drums need a little work, in terms of punchy-ness, but mostly I'd say just turn 'em up a bit! It also sounds very much to me like you're a dubstep guy who has written a DnB tune. Just from the way the bass is crafted I think.

The intro chords, keys and sample usage is just fucking lush though. I think maybe the juxtaposition between that and the drop is a bit too strong for me (sorry if that sounds a bit wanky :) )

Thanks man! Yeah I boosted the drums and sent it back to get remastered. I definitely am a Dubstep guy whos trying out some dnb, that was a good call. I suppose it turned out more drumsteppy than I anticipated. As for the juxtaposition, that was definitely intentional. I dig stark contrasts. Thanks again for all the amazing feedback. I shall return the favor.

Back
Top Bottom