for years people have been completely confused about what the best Calibre track is ....

Mr Natural, strangely because it reminds me of Marcus Intalex, because of this mix

Took me ages to get used to the intro of Mr Natural without Mr Intalex's voice. Still not used to it tbh with how much I played that mix.

I didn't even realise I wrote Intalex there whoops, was half asleep when i wrote that :lol:

Point stands though, still not used to it without the monologue intro.

Steptoe?

1549580285272.gif

Man has so many absolute weapons that even his best tunes aren't on Youtube in full

True story about this one - so this one time Calibre played here in Dublin at a Bassbin night, then went down to Selectah record shop (which was a Bassbin thing) then the next morning before heading back up north, spent twenty minutes in the shop, picked three or four records out of a bargain bin, then a few days later sends THIS back having put the whole damn thing together from samples culled from the bargain bin and a few second hand bits.

True story about this one - so this one time Calibre played here in Dublin at a Bassbin night, then went down to Selectah record shop (which was a Bassbin thing) then the next morning before heading back up north, spent twenty minutes in the shop, picked three or four records out of a bargain bin, then a few days later sends THIS back having put the whole damn thing together from samples culled from the bargain bin and a few second hand bits.

Absolute tune this one,proper classic. And that is a wicked story.

Yeah man, like *obviously* he can make incredible music - we all knew that -, but like he can just turn the tap on and do it on command, from ingredients that are just lying there unrecognised, and he can do it in such a way as to make a really sweet point with it.

That kind of practised ear and musical brain is insane to me, and that was fucking *fifteen years* ago too

Trick question, as Calibre doesn't have a best track, just a series of ELITE tracks all as perfect as the other.

Second Sun and Let me Hold you being as perfect as dnb can get.

I can't remember where I read this or when (I want to say 2015), but I remember him saying a certain year was bad for him because he "only wrote 250 tracks".

I can't fathom how on earth he can pull that off.

I can't remember where I read this or when (I want to say 2015), but I remember him saying a certain year was bad for him because he "only wrote 250 tracks".

Yeah it's amazing how incredibly consistent he is. makes tracks sound so effortless and easy.

I read that Aphex Twin writes at least a track a day too. Hope Calibre does a soundcloud dump of unreleased stuff one day, like RDJ did.

First time he met Fabio was in 98 in the Kitchen here in Dublin, at the launch party for his first 12" on Quadrophonic - this was before he could even DJ, so he basically had his whole studio setup in the booth and played twenty odd tunes as "live" as he could on sampler and keyboard etc etc. ANYWAY, Fabio is listening to the whole thing getting more and more impressed and after the gig asks him how many tunes he had finished, and Calibre answered "about 200"...

Pretty much the whole Musique Concrete LP as well as the Brown EP on Creative Source was all just the stuff he played that night that Fabio signed on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom