Food For Thought

Discussion in 'Production' started by MC_Abyss, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

- “Billy Jean” by Michael Jackson was mixed a total of 91 times before one was chosen… and they chose the second mix!

Something to think about, when you don't think you got it right.
    Frustrations, fatigue can play tricks on you leading you to 91 versions when the second one was prefect.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    subprime and spyre like this.
  2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

The fact that they chose the second one and not the first mix would mean that you should atleast give yourself some admount of criticism right? :p

And if you should happend to find yourself doing 91 mixes of a track then you probably should go see a doctor because thats pure madness lol.

3. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I honestly love hearing "behind the scenes" info like this, thanks for sharing.

4. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

yer same here. Pensados Place is a gold mine for that. probably my fave was Alex da kid === <<Dr. Dre ("I Need a Doctor"), Nicki Minaj ("Massive Attack"), B.o.B ("Airplanes" featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore), and Eminem ("Love the Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna)>> saying he only uses logic stock plugins and kontakt to make beats --- all on his mac! he says he mostly makes beats on his headphones.

not my kind of beats but the guy is a legend. also these days with a lot of warez and free plugins it's very easy to get distracted. you end up being a digital hoarder of shit you cant use.