FON - Meathook / Pavlova - XXX

Arrow Jay

First up for the reviews I've promised for so long is the new release on Dylan's XXX imprint. Run through Biotic Records, and Stage One Music, the label has hit it's eighth release, with no signs of slowing up.

The one thing that gets me about this label, is that Dylan seems to run every track in the same style. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Dylan / Loxy / Ink etc sound, but Dylan just seems to change a few things on each one.

However, new artist FON hits the decks with this release, and I have to say, i lit up straight away. Straight from the Dylan school, the retro beats on this one sparked my interest, some nice old skool tekno sounds in here. Then, the bassline kicks in. And boy was I taken! the bass on Meathook is the heavier of the two, but Pavlova is by no means under par.

Typical hardware style d&b, but if you liked the latest RH releases, then this one will make you smile. Heavy bass, rolling but cut-up tech step beats, and samples that will broaden the haze on the horizon.

This is a top tune, and one that's been firmly sat in my box as of late.

Four of Five Afro's: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Back
Top Bottom