DnB Folk-ish DnB, any critisism welcome....

My impatience is my worst enemy, but i hope to finish this one....

Cheers

I was in the same boat for a very long time, I just wanted to throw all my tracks out there as quick as possible for feedback! But holding back really is beneficial. Finish your tracks completely, I'm talking the whole thing, from start to finish, mixdowns and all! The more time you take with each track, the better it will sound. And the better your feedback will be! I know fromexperience, I think last year some time, I was throwing up an average of 2 - 3 tracks a week on here lol! Now you'll see maybe one a month! if that!

If you rush each track, your likely to hit a wall and become another victim of the fateful "Writers Block"! which is something I wouldnt wish on anyone.

Now, onto the track, its pretty short so dont have to much to say on it really, I'd suggest working on your builds to the drop, as right now it's a simple white noise riser, which is a s basic as they come! Work on some lowpassed drum rolls that oen up toward the drop, maybe a couple of snare rolls at the peak of the build, with a short pause before the drop, a pause will hold so much impact into the drop if done correctly! Your drums sound nice and punchy as they are, but I think your bassline is sitting an octave to high.

Thanks Mr.Fletch!
I'll try to refrain posting a tune before I'm abit more "into" it hehe.... Just that I really have not much people around me who listen to DnB and such.... so I find this forum (and couple of others) becomes the only place to get any sort of feedback....
I guess it'll help when I get more confident about my material and get a more steady workflow....

Anyways, thanks again for you words=)
And.... I've uploaded "take 2" on the tune and might aswell include it in my reply =P

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom