FOA up and coming artists

A.Flex

FAO up and coming artists

Easy all
just to let you know im co-owner of reflex audio recordings. artists including SMOKE (Formation, Signal, Reflex Audio) Utah Jazz (Liquid V, Fallen Angels, Reflex Audio etc) + myself and others im always interested in hearing stuff from up and coming artists. Any other info wanted from yourselves about the label just ask away in this thread or pm me. If any of you want to post up links to your tracks ill have a listen to em (i'll always try to get some feedback to ya). Also address for demo cds is

Reflex Audio
70 All Saints Rd
Birmingham
England
B14 7LN

Cheers Guys and Gals looking forward to hearing your stuff!

Last edited:
Aye A.Flex, biggups...

On my site www.kombatbass.com im forever putting the freshest of freshest Australian made tunes up for listening...

Go to http://www.kombatbass.com/kombat-bass-mixes.asp and check out -

Unknown Qty - Thats me and a mate...

Spherix - a good mate from Melb also...quality neuro tech production

Speaker Wrath - Hard as Fuck DnB

Let me know what u think...and if u do want any other ozzie tunes hit me up on MSN - fenton@oss.net.au or ICQ 168919620

EZ

nice one. Ill be checking the tracks and links sent to me and getting back to you all with some feedback after the weekend.

Cheers again

A.Flex

Plenty for you to check - Streams & Mp3s, whicheva you prefer, If you want Hi-Q, gimme a PM.

Darkside, Hectic mashup - been getting play in UK, USA, Oz, an plenty of Internet Radio shows worldwide:

Beneath The Surface MP3

Beneath The Surface Stream

Did this bootleg for a laugh to start my Radio Shows, and have had wicked responses - Based around 'Beneath the Surface' with the drops:

Love Dont Live Here - Aphrodite (Jay Walkers Nastee Bootleg) MP3

Love Dont Live Here - Aphrodite (Jay Walkers Nastee Bootleg) Stream

A remix Ive done of the other half of Risque Business - Bad Ace Inc, An obease roller for the dancefloor:
Relic - Bad Ace Inc (Jay Walker RMX) MP3

Relic - Bad Ace Inc (Jay Walker RMX) Stream

Easy all thanks for the links. i can't log in to get back to you all at the mo as soon as it is sorted ill be getting back to ya

Thanks
A.Flex

Cheers all for the links i've sent some of ya pms with some feeedback and ill be doing the rest asap. Thanks alot everyone. some good tracks about!!

wicked man, chweck out a load of my stuff

HERE

Kromatik Kollapse, Beautuiful Music prob worth checking first... :)

theres also one of my Paradigm X Live P.A.'s HERE

main sites down at the mo , but lots of stuff on anthrophone, plus a load of new stuff coming soon.

cheers

PDX

:beers:

Last edited:
ez all, here is some feedback on some of the tracks i have checked. will do more and be contacting some of ya with more pms etc. Appolgies for posting the feedback here insetad of direct via pms but for times sake im sure you all understand that its hard to keep doing it that way + demo cds etc.

Nice one
A.Flex

Tracks

Unknown quantity: need you remix

Intro is nice, quite long but the pads/ samples hold it. Perhaps some development of the drums could work well here.
Track breaks down nicely cheeky little scratch sample sounds wokrs well
Amen’s are upfront and work quite nicely

Samples slip slightly out of key in places which sounds ok but is a bit too noticeable in places.
Lead at build up works well and adds atmosphere but maybe it should drop in to a separate riff as there is little in the way of a melody here
Seems to be little to grab below the leads. No discernable bass line melody.
Working on a bass line and lead with more of a melody to catch on too would add a lot to the track. The intro is good and with some work on the drums and the bass patterns it could be a very good track.

Deciebel: sweat

My favourite of the tracks of yours I listened to. Love the drop. Nice and punchy leads and bass work well with the drum patterns. Little vox snippets add to the tracks nicely. Reminds me a bit of some older future cut stuff.

Persoanally im not to into the old school style stabs on the intro as I don’t think they fit the track (just personal preference). The cuts on the 4ths leading back into the break are cool and add punch but on one set (2mins 09sec for example) they slide back in rather than drop and it takes way from the impact a little (again more preference than anything)

Mechanics: ICBM

Break lacks swing and feels a bit lifeless. Don’t like the snipped snare its too weak for the place it holds in the pattern. Could do with more variation too
Nice fx going through the track. Fair bit going on in the high mids and above.
Bassline is quite cool but I think the break lets it down so a bit more work on this will bring it out more.

Contour: Devolution

Nice trance feel. Reece comes in nicely at breakdown
Vox seem to work ok, not really my preference personally but being objective about it they fit well in the tune.
Nice fx adding nicely to the atmosphere
Good little bass line bubbling away
Nice half time feel with the bass during the second breakdown

My only real criticism is that the tracks seems a little busy in places so it’s a bit hard to grab on to the main elements. But other than that it’s a cool track!

Jay Walker: Beneath the surface

Bad tune!
I like the little fx added to the vox, not overdone
Like the dubby stab works well with the old school style stab
Big big amens, good switch ups lots of different parts to the patterns keeps the track sounding fresh throughout
The breaks sit nicely and are edited well
Leads and bass sit in the track really well

Can see this one getting plays. Great track!

A.Flex said:
Jay Walker: Beneath the surface

Bad tune!
I like the little fx added to the vox, not overdone
Like the dubby stab works well with the old school style stab
Big big amens, good switch ups lots of different parts to the patterns keeps the track sounding fresh throughout
The breaks sit nicely and are edited well
Leads and bass sit in the track really well

Can see this one getting plays. Great track!

Thanks bro, been gettin play Worldwide with this - Bigups Rev-E & the US cats, Adelaide massive on the Aussie boys, an props to dj Story outta South Africa
:rave:

Lookin forward to gettin my hands on the forthcming releases. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom