FM8 & Basslines

aw08

I'm just getting started with production and have made some progress with some elements of a track but synthesis was always soo confusing to me until I started using FM8, it's the first synth i've actually been confident with and feel like I'm in control of, rather than just randomly fiddling with knobs until the sound changes. However, I don't see a lot of people using FM8, is there a reason for that? I don't want to keep going with it if I'm eventually going to hit a brick wall.

Also, with regards to resampling from a software instrument, would you bounce multiple files of different notes and length of notes being played, or just bounce one sound and tune that in a sampler?

Finally, when I'm trying to write a bassline I can't get further than a succession of single notes, rather than coming up with something thats smooth and coherent, is there any theory behind this I should know.

Thanks

Lots of great presets in there imo, i dont really use it, i like synths like massive more not fm synths

I think because for most people who are used to things other than FM synthesis, FM8 looks kinda confusing when you first open it.

Back
Top Bottom