Fly Posting is illegal??!? Why did no-one tell me!?

Were you caught in the act or not?

Cos that makes a big difference.

If not, say it wasn't you, and that you employed someone to do it, and you gave them instructions not to stick were they shouldn't.

Ask which posters (specific locations) you are getting done for, (it's probably just one or two you), and you can also nip round and take them down, and let them know that you've taken down.

Showing repentance, and willingness to remove them / comply will definitely help.

If it looks serious, stay in touch with them and don't try to ignore it

You could also point out this was a genuine first offence (first event), and you honestly didn't know and won't do it again.

isnt the safest rule just stick em where other flyposters are?

(or on top of hard house ones!) :rik:

we got stopped by the police once fly-posting at 4 in the morning, they said what you up to lads (as if the massive roll of posters and the bucket of wallpaper paste wasn't a big enough clue) we just told em we were covering old ones (we weren't) and everything was ok and we carried on!

If you get done offer to take all your posters down and if U have to appear in court wear a nice suit and be a nice boy. Worked for my mate. They let him off with a slap on the wrist.

The best tactic when fly postering is to plaster closed down shops and don't touch council property. If the property is privately owned, like a closed shop, etc, it is their duty to prosecute. Seeing as the shop isn't in use they don't want to go through the hassel of appearing in court for fuck all money. Council property... if you do it to much they will track you down. That's what happened to my mate.

Good luck

Well story closed i hope! I denied all knowledge and took down the ones on Council property. Definatly a laugh puttin them up, i just wont employ monkeys next time! :monkey:

Who puts a poster on a "Welcome to fareham" sign to expect people to notice it except the council? Wankers!

Oh well, im free and A0 posters are arriving soon! ;)

Cheers anyway guys!

Nice tips!

I was going to ask what is "fly posting" but then I figured it out. This Fly Posting is important to all music scenes and it needs to be done. Its better when the town has an actual cork board installed in a town square but not all towns are cool like that.

lokki said:
isnt the safest rule just stick em where other flyposters are?

(or on top of hard house ones!) :rik:

Who is that guy anyway? Is that the happyhardcore legend Billy Bunter? I remember he was overweight.

hahaha he still is (billy bunter), i saw him saturday, nah that ain't him that's rik waller, he was in the birtish pop idol! hah

ZESTOI said:
hahaha he still is (billy bunter), i saw him saturday, nah that ain't him that's rik waller, he was in the birtish pop idol! hah
Sam%20and%20Billy%20Bunter.jpg

Dunno who that Sam guy is though!

I remember I was at some hardcore event in Cambridge and this fat guy - totally fucked outta his face come up to me, cK and a few others and was chatting total crap. He was so pissed I had to hide under a snooker table cause I didn't wanna seem rude laughing at him. (yes, it was a hardcore night at a snooker hall lol)

Later on in the night we realised who it had been lol, the one and only Billy Bunter :teeth:

the best place to stick em is on top of huge festival posters for events like Homelands and Global Gathering etc. these ones are the ones people notice! And its not like you will be hurting there tickets sales!!!

Insiders tip...

Aparently when the local elections roll around they ALL fly-post, as far as 50 miles away! Anyway, they wait untill someone says you gota take them down (Apparently LEGALLY you have 14 days to do so) They leave em up for 14 days for free then take them down... sneaky.

But im bored od all this now just want the night to roll round so i can get my freak on...

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom