fluid element - Electrify

fluid.element

Hi all, just looking for peoples opinions/advice/criticism on my latest track.

I have an idea of a few things I could change.. or possibly add.. but it is always great to have other people say it too.

Things such as adding panning to a riser which sweeps through at times, adding delay to the bass at certain times... etcetc.

I think those bass sounds in the intro should be hi - passed, with automation on the high pass, then let the lower end of the sound come in on the drop. Drop is nice and solid! Would like the kick to punch through a little more. You could benefit from a few drum edits and change ups every 16 bars to keep the beat fresh. And I'm not too sure about the constant detuned reece that runs static for a while? kinda puts me off the really nice modulated bass sounds!

Thanks for the input mate :)

The static detuned reece that puts you off the bass, you mean the synth that goes "du, du du, du, du du" etc? if that is what you mean, yea I could use that less and let the bass flow on it's own for longer..

Good point about the kick, the sub is definitely taking over so I might try filtering the sub even more to cut out the +90hz regions, maybe filter the kick up too.

Thanks mate :)

The main drop sounds quite subdued with no high end on the bass and midrange imo. Nothing coming through in the presence region. Agree that reece is a weak point in the tune. Quite liking where this is headed tho.

Pretty much agree with Fletch there. Also would bring the drums out a bit earlier in the middle breakdown to add some anticipation, but that's just me :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom