Floating Forward Vol. 1 (The Build Up)

Floating Hunter

VIP Junglist
It's been a very long time since I posted a mix here. I'm starting a series that I'll be putting out monthly (I hope) with some beats you guys will know and hopefully a few that you don't. Feedback much appreciated Thanks and Rep points aplenty, hope you all enjoy (y)

Floating Forward Vol. 1

Tracklist

Blocks, Escher & ASC - Heliocentric
Synkro - The Way
Spectrasoul - Memento (dBridge Remix)
ST Files - Eric Bristow
Mark Pritchard - Ghosts
Stray - LA Zoom
Manni Dee & Deft - This One, The Art Of Possible
Rockwell - *)* [808]
EAN - Aulderkincher
Chimpo - Frontline (Feat. Fox)
House Of Black Lanterns - Truth & Loss (Fracture Astrophonica Remix)
Calibre - Start Again (Feat. Chimpo)
Om Unit - Ulysses VIP
Om Unit - Dark Sunrise (Feat. Tamara Blessa) (Kromestars' Lean'in Mix)
Two Fingers - Fools Rhythm
Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force (Fracture Astrophonica Edit)
Amit - Human Warfare
J Robinson & Loxy - Each & Every
Skeptical - Eyes Down
Fields, Hydro, Mako & Villem - Celestine
Hazard - Time Tripping
Fre4knc - Tubular
Siren - Squadron

Spor - Do Not Shake
Break - Music is Better

Last edited:
Majority of the tracklist is up my street. Been doing Tubular - Time Tripping myself & it is a beast of a mix! :) Should have really recorded a mix with it in & slapped it on here. Will listen in the next few days & post some feedback. Also, first Members Mix to feature some Mosaic Volume 2

Time Tripping > Tubular is probably my favourite mix in the above, great minds and that ;) Hopefully you find the rest of the mix up to scratch as well, lemme know!

looks really interesting man, want to hear how the bits around fools rythm sound

editing in some thoughts.

really enjoyed this, real deep and different selection to the majority of mixes on here, introduced me to some really good tunes such as that kromestar remix of om unit.

as mentioned time tripping sounds sick with tubular, too massive tunes rolling off each other really well.

loved the intro too, seamless pads and soundscapes everywhere, thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited:
I don't recognize a lot of tunes on that tracklist this should be interesting.

Gonna give it a spin Seamus!

Cheers fella, let me know your take on it...!

looks really interesting man, want to hear how the bits around fools rythm sound

editing in some thoughts.

really enjoyed this, real deep and different selection to the majority of mixes on here, introduced me to some really good tunes such as that kromestar remix of om unit.

as mentioned time tripping sounds sick with tubular, too massive tunes rolling off each other really well.

loved the intro too, seamless pads and soundscapes everywhere, thoroughly enjoyable.

Thanks a lot for checking the mix geez, plus I love that kromestar remix, I think its still a freebie on Om Unit's fb page!

I'll give this one a spin on my way to work tomorrow.

Thanks dude, let me know your thoughts on it!

Intro was wicked. Heard Gerra & Stone use Heliocentric as the intro to their mix in the other mixes section the other day & that tune is quality as an intro. Really sets the melodic scene together with its sparse beats. The way the vocal eased in on The Way was nice, complimenting Heliocentric very well. Memento rmx breakdown & the loop in Eric Bristow both with no beat to make the double drop was a pleasing mix on the ears. Enjoyed the way those 2 came together for quite a crunchy yet rolling mix.

The juke elements in Ghosts set the stage for LA Zoom to ease in, almost effortlessly to begin with. Didn't think I had heard This One, The Art Of Possible before but heard it yesterday when I was searching through Djrum stuff. Really like that one man! :) Whats that like mixing that (& also Aulderkincher) with dnb as its 160 bmp? Might have heard *)* 808 go a little crazy with TOTAOP. Working on keeping the previous tune in with *)* 808 myself too. Caught me out a few times already.

Frontline was SO nice to hear in there compared to the rmx, then Truth & Loss rmx sat very well by its side & same sentiments with Start Again. Similar vibes passing on the batten with some half time flavours, loved hearing the melodic notes of Ulysses VIP & the broody waves of Dark Sunrise rmx making their way into the mix. Wicked hearing Fools Rhythm in a members mix again. Would have liked to hear the mix through the intro of Phantom Force rmx compared to a switched mix, but thats just me. Been loving Human Warfare since it turned up & that made for a quality mix with Phantom Force rmx... just the right about of complimenting bass & added elements from Amit's tune & Fracture's rmx.

Was really feeling the way Eyes Don't eased in to Each & Every's broodiness with no beat, hoping for the previous tune to stay in for the mix, but sounded fine. Enjoyed the additional beat that Celestine laid on the top of Eyes Down before the central breakdown in that. The way those 2 combined elements from each other in the mix was interesting, something more conventionally rolling & something choppy was a cool contrast + keeping that blend in for a fair while longer than normal was a nice touch :) Made me smile hearing Time Tripping coming in, it was 8 bars out & quite a harsh switch man. Need to count that in & would have been nice to hear the mix with Celestine & Time Tripping. Didn't realise Tubular was lined up for a double, sounded alright as a double but I think the 2 roll better when dropped 64 bars off the middle drop 1 into the other / the other way round + the growly tearing bit in Tubular takes away the way the 2 tunes bounce off each other for me, so usually cut 1 by that point. Same about Squadron & the double. But fair play for including Squadron, love that tune..... maybe have a smidge more gain on Tubular as it tends to sit back in the mix & get overpowered.

Didn't really get why Do Not Shake - Music Is Better is on its own / separated from the rest of the mix. Mixed very well though.

A wicked and quite varied selection of tunes FH. Really enjoyed the halftime & jukey bits + its cool to see someone else getting in on mixing this kind of thing, as someone mentioned before that is a niche sub-genre that not many heads represent on here. Looking forward to future episodes if they are on a minimal tip.

Will have a new minimal mix out in a few weeks (Beats & Bass 4). Would appreciate if you could have a listen when thats drops and post some thoughts

Intro was wicked. Heard Gerra & Stone use Heliocentric as the intro to their mix in the other mixes section the other day & that tune is quality as an intro. Really sets the melodic scene together with its sparse beats. The way the vocal eased in on The Way was nice, complimenting Heliocentric very well. Memento rmx breakdown & the loop in Eric Bristow both with no beat to make the double drop was a pleasing mix on the ears. Enjoyed the way those 2 came together for quite a crunchy yet rolling mix.

The juke elements in Ghosts set the stage for LA Zoom to ease in, almost effortlessly to begin with. Didn't think I had heard This One, The Art Of Possible before but heard it yesterday when I was searching through Djrum stuff. Really like that one man! :) Whats that like mixing that (& also Aulderkincher) with dnb as its 160 bmp? Might have heard *)* 808 go a little crazy with TOTAOP. Working on keeping the previous tune in with *)* 808 myself too. Caught me out a few times already.

Frontline was SO nice to hear in there compared to the rmx, then Truth & Loss rmx sat very well by its side & same sentiments with Start Again. Similar vibes passing on the batten with some half time flavours, loved hearing the melodic notes of Ulysses VIP & the broody waves of Dark Sunrise rmx making their way into the mix. Wicked hearing Fools Rhythm in a members mix again. Would have liked to hear the mix through the intro of Phantom Force rmx compared to a switched mix, but thats just me. Been loving Human Warfare since it turned up & that made for a quality mix with Phantom Force rmx... just the right about of complimenting bass & added elements from Amit's tune & Fracture's rmx.

Was really feeling the way Eyes Don't eased in to Each & Every's broodiness with no beat, hoping for the previous tune to stay in for the mix, but sounded fine. Enjoyed the additional beat that Celestine laid on the top of Eyes Down before the central breakdown in that. The way those 2 combined elements from each other in the mix was interesting, something more conventionally rolling & something choppy was a cool contrast + keeping that blend in for a fair while longer than normal was a nice touch :) Made me smile hearing Time Tripping coming in, it was 8 bars out & quite a harsh switch man. Need to count that in & would have been nice to hear the mix with Celestine & Time Tripping. Didn't realise Tubular was lined up for a double, sounded alright as a double but I think the 2 roll better when dropped 64 bars off the middle drop 1 into the other / the other way round + the growly tearing bit in Tubular takes away the way the 2 tunes bounce off each other for me, so usually cut 1 by that point. Same about Squadron & the double. But fair play for including Squadron, love that tune..... maybe have a smidge more gain on Tubular as it tends to sit back in the mix & get overpowered.

Didn't really get why Do Not Shake - Music Is Better is on its own / separated from the rest of the mix. Mixed very well though.

A wicked and quite varied selection of tunes FH. Really enjoyed the halftime & jukey bits + its cool to see someone else getting in on mixing this kind of thing, as someone mentioned before that is a niche sub-genre that not many heads represent on here. Looking forward to future episodes if they are on a minimal tip.

Will have a new minimal mix out in a few weeks (Beats & Bass 4). Would appreciate if you could have a listen when thats drops and post some thoughts

Thanks a lot for this feedback absolutely stellar effort ! I had to keep the bpm of the mix at 85/170 so I could get the juke in. And yeah i get what you mean about some of the switches will sort that out next time!

I'll be sure to check back and feedback your one when it comes out. Will be a hard job to match what youve written though, thanks again (y)

mhmmm looks nice. having a listen now, will try and jot some thoughts down as i go through as well

- - - Updated - - -

Intro with Heliocentric was really nice. And the blend into The Way was smooth, wouldn't have been a mix I'd have drawn for myself but it worked. Haven't heard this mark pritchard track before, but its nice. Ill have to remember that one. Mixes really nicely into LA Zoom actually. Was about to say I hadn't heard Manni Dee & Deft - This One, The Art Of Possible before, but I have in a mix somewhere actually. Really nice tune, cheers for the ID. Props for getting that 160bpm EAN tune in with dnb, works with 808 so well. Theres a machinedrum remix of bonobo eyes down which is 160 that i want to bring up to 170ish tempo but the vocal sounds a bit weird sped up. annoying. Frontline into truth and loss is a real smooth transition, sounds wicked. To be honest, i could go on about each transition but they're all working really well.

Overall, wicked mix man. There were a few blends at the beginning that I wasn't too sure about but the majority were quality (y)

mhmmm looks nice. having a listen now, will try and jot some thoughts down as i go through as well

- - - Updated - - -

Intro with Heliocentric was really nice. And the blend into The Way was smooth, wouldn't have been a mix I'd have drawn for myself but it worked. Haven't heard this mark pritchard track before, but its nice. Ill have to remember that one. Mixes really nicely into LA Zoom actually. Was about to say I hadn't heard Manni Dee & Deft - This One, The Art Of Possible before, but I have in a mix somewhere actually. Really nice tune, cheers for the ID. Props for getting that 160bpm EAN tune in with dnb, works with 808 so well. Theres a machinedrum remix of bonobo eyes down which is 160 that i want to bring up to 170ish tempo but the vocal sounds a bit weird sped up. annoying. Frontline into truth and loss is a real smooth transition, sounds wicked. To be honest, i could go on about each transition but they're all working really well.

Overall, wicked mix man. There were a few blends at the beginning that I wasn't too sure about but the majority were quality (y)

Cheers man glad you enjoyed! And yeah Machinedrums eyes down remix is so slick, his gang colours remix has similar drum work - might try and fit that into the next volume. Thanks again (y)

Been rinsing this mix it's quality!

Much appreciated buddy tell all your mates !

- - - Updated - - -

i m interested in leariing dj ing how to start it

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.touristtiger.com/famous-places-in-italy

- - - Updated - - -

nice work :hagglers:

Thanks fella and my advice is buy a pair of second hand technics and check out ellaskins on youtube... I owe that guy everything

Back
Top Bottom