FLIWO - SOUR MASH .. Dancefloor D&B: Feedback please!

wilf

Fliwo
Hi everyone,
New tune here:

Slice of dancefloor dnb, intended to be in the style of C&K (before they were shite), Netsky, etc.

Really would appreciate some feedback and constructive criticism on this - whether you liked it or hate it!
I cut it during the breakdown so it didn't take up too much time to listen to it (and also because I haven't finished the second half yet :teeth:)

Cheers!

Sounds like you've pretty much got this where you want it, sounds tight and no-nonsense.

Trying to think of reasons I'd rather listen to [not too much wank] C&K instead of this..

I guess the intro doesn't build suspense like I think it should, it kind of reveals everything that's 'bout to happen later on, from the first beat really know what kind of synths and sounds to expect throughout..

Could do with some "tricks" later on, funk shit up a little and make it less straight forward.

All in all it sounds allright but with a little tweaking it could get that little extra edge.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it so much..
I have to agree with you that certainly needs a bit of 'funking up' later on as it perhaps just gets a bit repetitive... I always remember Danny Byrd's mantra that its important the listener doesn't get bored and so there should never be two 16 bar phrases exactly the same, but its often harder to do this than one thinks without making it just sound contrived. This is certainly going to be my main focus now.. I feel like the basics of the tune are now there, now its about making it a bit more interesting.
Have you got AIM by any chance? I'd be really interested in just forwarding you a couple of other snippets from tunes I've been working on just for a bit of feedback if you could spare a couple of minutes?

If anyone else has any feedback on this I would be much obliged!

Rly nice track, I like the synth choice and the keys and the whole vibe of it.
I don't think it's that repetitive and even though there's no real switch in the ''theme'', which is basicly unchanged through the song, (if u get what I'm saying) there's plenty of variations inside that theme.

All in all I rly like it and wouldn't change that much especially since it's dancefloor track. :D

Pretty nice melody and selection of sounds, the only negative thing i see is that the tune is very predictable (if i can say so).
I'd drop the lead synth for a few bars/add some new element, something suble but something that would diversify the track a little

Back
Top Bottom