Fliwo - Catch Ground

typing as i hear:
intro is energetic right from the beginning, nice trancey elements goin on..feelin the break down.
good use of automation before the build up. ur main lead sounds retro - i like!

build up is epic..but wasnt completely satisfied at the drop..i think ur drums are letting u down, snare needs to be a fuller and cutting through some more, ur kick sounds okay tho.

try and vary ur drum pattern a bit, sounds a bit looped after a bit..nice potential in this tho..

typing as i hear:
intro is energetic right from the beginning, nice trancey elements goin on..feelin the break down.

build up is epic..but wasnt completely satisfied at the drop..i think ur drums are letting u down, snare needs to be a fuller and cutting through some more, ur kick sounds okay tho.

try and vary ur drum pattern a bit, sounds a bit looped after a bit..nice potential in this tho..

The drums have always been a problem for me, tried redoing them several times and just can't seem to get the snare quite right. Gonna try again now, really want to nail this!
What do you think of the bass etc at the drop: i.e. levels? I have a tendency to put the bass too high without really realising

Thanks for the feedback!

Ye drums are the hardest imo:) Anyway track sounding awesome. Good melodies, but i agree on the snares theyre weak.

Yeah, deffinately the drums that need most work on this track.
Need to find better samles for your snare, and hats need bringing out more.
Also try using a filter on the big synth to make the drop kick more. Too much going on when it kicks in, so looses the impact.
Good stuff though dude. Keep it up :)

Thanks for all the comments guys... drums have been completely redone, take a listen:

Removed, see last post

What do you reckon?

Last edited:
much better drum pattern..sounds less 'looped'
not feeling the actual drum sounds tho..kick/snare seem a lil weak n flimsy, they need to pop through the mix, n be punchy..imo

Sorry I'm an idiot and had a bass drum channel muted hence why it sounded flimsy... snare isn't different to that though, will have a go at making it punchier and get a new version up..
Thanks for your continued interest devz (y)

typing as i hear:

I agree with above - Loving the intro but the drum let the whole thing down - I think you need more layers perhaps a shuffle break and more top end i.e. rides / amen break filtered and disto'd - How many snare sample have you used ? IMO you need to use at least 2.

Would be keen to hear a finished mix - As far as the melodies go I really like them - Nice work man !

Back
Top Bottom