flipside tunes

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
why do record labels often put the bigger tunes on the flipside of an average tune? i could never understand why, the best recent examples of this are:

dkay - in my soul (flipside of lion dub)
calibre & zero tolerance - one word (flipside of drowning in you)
dbridge - tradition (flipside of original world)
mist - outerspace (flipside of jam hot)
skc & brawta - prophecy (flipside of mist & highcontrast - do it)

is it an accidental thing or is it some kind of strategy or what?

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
I believe theyre known as double a-sides.

tbh I wouldnt really call any of the a-sides you've mentioned 'average'. Agreed, I find the flips are often better, but thats just down to opinion innit.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Mulla said:

tbh I wouldnt really call any of the a-sides you've mentioned 'average'. Agreed, I find the flips are often better, but thats just down to opinion innit.
(y)

mesh

VIP Junglist
shit I usually dont even notice if the killer tunes is the A or B side to tell truth. its nice when they're both champion th0ugh.

more examples of double A side lushness ...?

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Mulla said:

yeah, but for example, outer space got caned by everyone but when it got a release it was put on the the other side of jamhot, which was average in comparison, i just think that it seems a bit strange, wondered if it was tactics or just coincidence as it seems to have happened quite a few times

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
mesh said:
shit I usually dont even notice if the killer tunes is the A or B side to tell truth. its nice when they're both champion th0ugh.

more examples of double A side lushness ...?
Concord Dawn/Illskillz A. "Watch Me Now" B. "Platinum (Illskillz Remix)"

Calibre A. "Mr Maverick" B. "Highlander" :gun:

And the Lion Dub/In My Soul release is a fucking BEAST

Last edited:

grindfiend

I know what you mean, but with the examples you've given, well i would think lion dub & do it would be the bigger tunes, and probably what most people would have bought the record for (not to say the b-sides arent good, cos they are!)

:moe: