Flimsy B-Sides

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Weird one.

Had a few EP''s iv brought recently one arrived today. All the Asides are nice and sturdy (i.e you can jog the vinyl or slow it down easily. haters gonna hate on doing this ;) )

Then when you try the Bside it has a delayed start when you ht the start button on the technics and when you slightly touch it just a bit it completely stops the record spinning? i mean the tiniest of touches

Is this a known issue with pressing vinyl? it fucking winds me up. or should i send back for refund and get the 12 '' EP off of the actual label?

anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Had it with the new subtitles LP and the Program EP today. Guess its ok if u just pitch ride, but even queuing up skips out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sounds a bit dodgey to me. a similar thing i find annoying is incredibley slippery records....if that is the right word. when the record has 0 traction to the slipmatt and seems to spin 3 times if you push it a tiny bit (pitch ride blah blah blah)

Had this so many times. One of my pet hates.

9/10 if you email them politely telling them, they will send you a replacement. Happened to me a few times with Playaz and they replaced them next day.

Last edited:
Had this so many times. One of my pet hates.

9/10 if you email them politely telling them, they will send you a replacement. Happened to me a few times with Playaz and they replaced them next day.

haha love your edit reason!

I had a single show up the other day with audio missing. When you start the record it just skips the first 20 seconds of the track. Not a huge deal but sucks for mixing. Also bought a program ep a long time ago and 2 tracks on it just skip every single time. This doesnt really relate to this thread at all just felt like complaining

ok so i spoke to chemical who told me to send them an email with 'pictures' of the problem. How you can prove this with pictures is beyond me but i did it anyway along with video's proving the problem. Apparently, putting a pile of vinyl ontop of them over night is the answer.

im getting bloody fed up with spending my hard earned cash on products that are unusable. really unhappy with the reply to be honest!

why on earth would i spend money on vinyl and then send it back for the fuck of it!? if it worked as it should there would be nothing to complain about!!!!!

RANT OVER!.

LOL

Switch to mp3...
exactly

to be honest i don't even get it what the problem is. never had anything like this happen to me like you described. i mean how can a and b sides differ? they're exactly the same physically. how is it possible thta the record stops spinning after a light touch..... beyond me mate :teeth:

Last edited:
exactly

to be honest i don't even get it what the problem is. never had anything like this happen to me like you described. i mean how can a and b sides differ? they're exactly the same physically. how is it possible thta the record stops spinning after a light touch..... beyond me mate :teeth:

you tell me.. but it happens mate. and let me tell you.. its fucking gay!

These things are bound to happen sometimes tho. It would be nice if all wax was tested before it was shipped or put on shelves but what ya gwan do. Lol silly for them to ask for pictures wtf is that suppose to do? Tis very frustrating but part of the addicition i suppose

i sent video's proving how easy it was to skip and how slow it took to start but they were obviously ignored. problem is its far to easy to blame the postman. I wouldnt usually care but when the 2 other tunes i brought were fine and it only occured on both b sides thats more than a coincidence! be nice if anyone else has brought this EP to see if they had the same issues

Could it maybe be that the hole in the middle of the record is to tight?
Had this problem a few times and the record behaved just as you descibed. (slow to start, skipped easily, etc..)
Simply making the centre hole slightly bigger with a small knife solved the problem.

Don't know if this solves your problem but thought I share it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom