Flights (travellers advice)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by _MILLA, Apr 4, 2013.

1. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

Finally got my act into gear and am goin to aus for 12 months!! got my visa 2 weeks ago,
    i need to book a flight but for the life of me cant get anything?!

anyone been travelling before that can suggest wtf it is im supposed to do ?

would be nice...

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

sorry to sound condescending but DA FAQ?

call the airline, any airline, go on their website select dates and book, go to a travel agent? just dont use BAA, never use them!

3. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

haha, no offense either mate but how do you cross the street by yourself? :)

danwell likes this.
  4. _MILLA

already been online man! no where seems to have flights available from uk to sydney!
    only melbourne which is no good!

5. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

6. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

7. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

^ Yea skyscanner.net. Find a flight but book direct from site. I flew with Singapore Air from Heathrow to Phuket (Thailand) for about £550 1 way traveled, Aisa for a couple of months and ended up getting a flight from Kuala Lumper to Perth with Air Asia for peanuts. You'll find it a hell of a lot easier to fly to Perth I should imagine, you can always book a separate flight from Perth over east.

I just got back from 2 years in OZ on a working holiday visa so if you got any questions I'll answer if I can.

You thinking of working yea? If so you will need a TFN (tax file number) http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/settle-in-australia/to-do-first/apply-for-tfn.htm

Edit: Quick search on skyscanner LDN > PERTH 1way 16th May has come up with over 100 results starting from £441 with Malaysia Air then PERTH > SYDNEY with Virgin Aus on the 18th starts from £138.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  8. Gumby

Gumby New Member

come to perth and party with me

also- why is Melbourne no good? Melbourne SHITS all over Sydney. the only people in Sydney are tourists. on bondi mostly. and Perths beaches are way better than Bondi, let me tell you.

9. _MILLA

I'm heading to Perth for sure! I here it's gt a decent dnb scene ?

Melbourne is on the list but my best mate is living in redhead so I gotta get to Sydney first cos it's the nearest place :)

10. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

What u do for a job milla?

and MAJESTIC?!?! U LEFT WTF? u know theres another country u can hav 2 years in?!?!

on another note i just finished my first days work for 13months (y) boo yea

11. _MILLA

I'm a care and support worker dude! But over in aid ill jus be doin fruit pickin or bar work to earn cash!

Found a flight aswell, 850 return and one stop over in Amsterdam haha boom!

12. Catsel

dude.. don't get a return flight.. sa'll bout the one-ways, cross that bridge another day. (just bear in mind that alot of countries require that you have an way out (plane/bus ticket).

as for bar work, u can get bar work in pretty much any city in Aus, pretty easy. i know people in Darwin if ur there and u want a job ;) sort ur own accommodation tho.

if u wanna stay the additional year, don't go fruit pickin or w/e.. i worked on a building site in NT.. got paid shit loads of money and sat on my ass in the boiling hot humidity. minimum wage in the territory is $24 an hr.

13. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

Yea... visa expired. murrrrrrrr. Thinking of going Canada later on this year, but for the time being I'm just enjoying being a bum for the first time in well over a decade.

14. Catsel

were u there 2 years??

15. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

About 22 months but didn't want to get another job or sit around spanking a load of cash so booked a flight home via a few nights in Thailand. You're in NZ right? have you claimed your super back yet? Was it a long process? I've heard its a right pain in the arse to sort out...... Got my tax back for year ending 2013.... only took 2 weeks to get in my account. vWoOoP vWoOoP

16. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

majestic... what did you do for work out there??

or you have planty of cash behind you... i wanna know your travel stories man,... as one day.. ill be doing the same.. id like a few quid to live on so i dont have to work too much doe.

17. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

Theres websites out there that'll help with your super- just keep hold of your tax file number, being a retard I lost mine, so I can't claim it back- though I have been told reclaiming it can screw around if you ever want to go back there to live, not sure if thats fully true or not mind.

As for flights try http://www.travelhouseuk.co.uk/, I flew back out to oz for a month a half in January to see some of my mates who I used to live with out there and do a bit more travelling, They managed to get me a return flight (UK> Singapore, Singapore> Sydney) for like £1066 back in the peak summer season on Singapore airlines which were sweet as, they were pretty good with queries, problems etc. like they arranged my flights so I could fly from Brisbane to the UK amd save me heading back down to Sydney after travelling about a bit.

This'll sound a bit hypocritical though, but don't use websites like Skyscanner etc, Travelhouse are decent because you can at least phone them and work out a far cheaper option by changing dates and airlines on the spot- people get lazy and unimaginative online and settle for whats easiest at the time, speak to somebody whose job it is to do all that shit. If not, go direct, Malaysia Airlines, China Airlines and Cathay Pacific are usually a lot cheaper, but don't expect any frills- and you will be on a 21 hour flight or so.

Hope any of that helps.

18. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

I went a couple years back. April is the cheapest time of year for flights, got a return through trailfinders on BA for about £650

19. Catsel

i hope u used a better super company than me.. fucker screwed me.. i still got bout $2000 back.. but still. cunts.

anyway, the process isn't that hard. proof of expiry of visa, proof or this proof of that, all signed by police officer. naa, its not hassle at all to do.. just super companies are cunts.

u can do w/e u want man.basic laborer in NT gets over $30 n hr. i was workin in cold storage in darwin for awhile.. gettin mega cash dup $$$$$

u want more money u say? go work on aboriginal island, or mine site.. minimum wage for mine site is $50 n hr for skilled person.

20. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

if you wanted to earn alot of money in the UK?? to save up bare wedge n that. to take travelling and pay for flights and live comfortable??

what would you do?? you seem in the know