Fl9 plugins

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cat Gas, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

I'm having problems applying plugins/filters to just one sample on FL9.
    Basically, I want to apply some effects onto one sample, but the only way I can apply any effects is through the mixer, which seems to be permanently set on master o_O

I hope that makes sense :\

thanks if you can help.

2. kama

kama benkama.net

It doesn't. You know you can change the channel to which a sample is routed by holding mouse1 at the box in the upper right corner of the sampler that says --. Use your fx on that channel instead.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

You have to align your sample to which mixer track you want it on. Click on your sample in the step sequencer. It should bring up a window, now look in the top right of that box and there should be a little digital dial type thing. Click and hold the left mouse button and roll it up or down to a specific number of choice, this is what channel of the mixer you are putting that sample on. Once done, bring up your mixer and click on the channel of the same number. VoilĂ ..... Your sample is now on that channel andyou can add any effects you desire.

4. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Thanks Fletch :D
    To avoid making another thread with a pretty newbie question, my playlist sequencer has gone all funny.
    Instead of showing the patterns, it's now showing tracks, and I don't know how to get it back :\
    I did this once before last night, but I can't remember how I got it back :rinsed:

5. BDS

BDS Active Member

have you put drawn your own melody in the piano roll?

if you delete that it should go back to normal.

I think thats what you mean anyway. thats just what it dows when you draw you r own melody in.

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah when you write something into a piano roll, it then shows that pattern in your step sequencer. I strongly suggest (and please don't take offence to this) that you spend some time on YouTube looking up FL studio basic tutorials. There's loads on there that will be able to explain alot of things you are asking questions about, and alot more clearer than any of us could. Try viewing any of the tutorials done by a guy called warbeats or nfx. Guy has some real nice step by step tutorials from the very fundamental basics right up to advanced techniques. He mainly focuses on hip hop, but the majority of his stuff can be translated over to other genres.

7. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Edit. Nvm. I got it fixed, thanks :D

And i'll definitely check out those youtube videos.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010