Fl10 sampler

Nick Hammer

Im sure someone can help here , Looking for a sampler that I can play samples stretched across keyboard, however can keep its orignal speed (if that makes sense?) eg .. a vocal when played in c3 that does not play extremely fast/ sound like a chipmunk

Any help would be great

You need a sampler that can timestretch. I think DirectWave can do that, which is FL Studio's premium sampler. Check the manual.

Kontakt can do it, but it's very expensive.

Pretty sure directwave can do that, and i think it comes with FL by default?

I know in MuLab the easiest way for that would be to make 127 sample pools, load the sample in each one and manually set the note for each one xD. It's free that way, but time-intensive. But least you can stack effects and filters on them from there in the same instrument (even layer multiple samples on the same or range of notes...sounds neat anyway). Audacity's the only other free alt I know of but it's even more tedious there 'cuz you'd have to readjust the tempo for the notes that are pitched quite higher than the original 8P.

Personally don't understand the logistics in having stuff nowadays where the pitch-shift and time-stretch are tied in together, but all I know is that stems from limitations in older synth systems. Someone please care to elaborate?

Back
Top Bottom