FL studio

Immunis

I'm looking for something with the ease of FL but of a better bounce quality. Because when ever I render/bounce a track it never has that full effect as when I'm playing it in the sequencer...

Any ideas?

Or if I'm doing something wrong let me know!!

safe

youre doing something wrong. might just be volume, theres an illusion created when somethings loud it sounds fuller and thicker, so when you suddenly hear it quieter it doesnt sound the same (but it is)..might be that.. i dont use fl anymore so i cant help too much, might be a vst thing

id recommend ableton live though! great program!

well depends on what version FL your using if its 9 it could be in the limiter. You can turn the gain up a little in the limiter and raise the ceiling to give your sounds a little moar punch. If you go to your FX its in the master channel as the last FX tab i think green is your gain and the grey is the ceiling or whatever its called. If that dosnt fix your problem than its all in your mix down/eq etc.

Do you think it's also a problem that I have no production background? I spent my time studying music practise, so I have no clue about EQing, limiting, compressing etc it's all be learning by ear.

You reckon I should take some time and learn that stuff?

Basically yes. DNB is such a do-it-all genre, that you basically compose, arrange, mix and sometimes even master the tunes by yourself that some knowledge of the techical aspects is a must.

If you're willing to do some reading, "the mixing engineer's handbook" is a good guide to all that. It's more concentrated on mixing 'real music' but it's a good way of getting to know all that stuff.

maybe you should check the mixer's master channel. limiters on? trake it off and mix/EQ it on your own for the best!
If you got questions hit me up... I'm producing tutorials in FL Studio as well so feel free to ask me per PM :)

Back
Top Bottom