FL Studio won't render / memory problems

Discussion in 'Production' started by dafo93, Jul 31, 2011.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Hey all, I've just finished a pretty big project on FL Studio 9, and now I'm finding that every time I open it up, within a minute or two the message "Out of Memory" pops up and everything just kinda freezes. When I try to render the track to MP3, the same thing happens and it's frustrating the absolute hell out of me. As I've said, it is quite a big project that utilises quite a lot of samples, but does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem? Thanks

2. HyperonDnb

HyperonDnb Member

havent come across this problem before, however i have come across problems with playing due to too much processing, try this,

Open FL Studio > Options > Audio Settings > Increase Buffer Length

Hope it solves your problem, as i said im unsure if it will, i use this to stop clicking and stuttering when im playing the song if it is using a lot of processing power.

Ajay

3. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Hi mate, thanks for the reply...I've used this technique in the past to stop all the clicking / stuttering etc, but it doesn't seem to work with this memory issue....this is so frustrating, I've been working on this song for months

4. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

yea deffo increase the buffer length and also hit the switch smart disable all the plugins.
    If you can still open the project turn off all the fx by hittin the yellow fx thing on the mixer then one by one export as much as u can that you dont need to be automating or effecting live, i.e andything thats not being sidechained etc

Then bit by bit add the exported wavs to the project and save as new each time then delete the originals but make sure u save before n after so u can go back if you mess up.

Ive had the out of memory thing before and also had it freeze on 0% when rendering, its actually rendering but it acts as tho its frozen ive lost a lot of work being impatient and just closing the project.
    Either way its a sign for more cpu or a different daw ;) i recently got abelton and am gettin my head around that, creating in FL and processing in abe :2thumbs:

5. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Thanks man, I'll try that method out :)

Yeah the rendering froze at 0% for me too, but it wasn't actually rendering since the file created was 0KB in size.

6. Highstate

Highstate Harbinger Of Bass

Enable 'Keep Long Audio On Disk' under general settings and restart your project if your using samples big on size. Other than that, there's not a great deal you can do as you've literally ran out of avaliable memory, you'll have to get some more Ram or tone your project down. You could try one of them Ram cleaner programs that unloads everything from your ram freeing most of it up, there are some free ones around. Also you can close any unimportant programs and windows services that are running, Firefox..Msn..Antivirus.. all takes up vital memory.

7. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

You could also lower the Mixer Resample Quality for all sampler channels either in your Audio Settings or Export Settings. This works well when dealing with big audio samples in your samplers.

8. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

thanks for all the help guys, finally worked for me :)

9. bull3tpr00f

bull3tpr00f Active Member

Now, we want heard that track :p

10. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION