FL STUDIO TRANSFERS

mikeOO1

Hi does anyone know if you can transfer old projects (from fl7) into new software (fl8) in project format? and is there a way to retreive a recently deleted project, im sure there's a way man?

hmm not speakin from experience but im pretty sure that the first thing is possible but i doubt u can retrieve a deleted project unless its still in the recycle bin, fl doesnt bak any shit up, once its gone, its gone.

Yeah its in the recycle bin but ive tried dragging and dropping into fl but i dont know where to drag it. its pissing me off a bit, there was a hell of a lot of work gone into that track! cheers tho.

right click it when its in the recycle bin and a menu will come up with something like restore on it, click that and it will reappear in the folder u deleted it from! :)

open the project with the old version, export a zipper loop package (which zips all the samples you've used in it and the project file itself) and import that into the newer version. This also works as backing up your tunes. If you don't want to back up you must have the same directory structure regarding samples or fruity wont find the files you used in the project. Or it will but there might be issues.

you can open old project files in fl8 as they are..... but i dont think it can be done in reverse

as long as your samples are all still in the same place all will be ok ;)

but having said that, kamas right, saving projects as zips is a good idea, losing samples from a track cos you have moved them is a fookin pain

personally i dont save zips, i save the track in a folder of its own, and then "export data files" and it saves all the samples in the folder with the flp....... the reason for this is because i save a new flp file nearly every time a save my tune.... cos some of my tunes have so many flps, if they were all zips it would take up too much room

yeah your both right and thanks for the super valuble info, but i think ive really fucked up cause i tried restoring the track from the recycle bin into fl8, i think i shoul've restored it to fl7! when i try opening/restoring in fl7 it just crashes. the worst thing is that i feel it was my strongest tune. maybe i'll just have to re-make it all over again which is a nightmare tbh. if anyone has a magic formula tho....

that's a nice idea too. then if you want to store it on dvd or whatever you can zip the whole folder if needed.

genius i say.

:thumbsup:

yeah your both right and thanks for the super valuble info, but i think ive really fucked up cause i tried restoring the track from the recycle bin into fl8, i think i shoul've restored it to fl7! when i try opening/restoring in fl7 it just crashes. the worst thing is that i feel it was my strongest tune. maybe i'll just have to re-make it all over again which is a nightmare tbh. if anyone has a magic formula tho....

shouldnt be a problem, when you restore files from the recycle bin they are still as they were before you deleted them

in fact, im sure that when you delete something, nothing happens to the file.... windows just marks the file as unneeded and it will eventually overwrite it when the space is needed

so once you restored it you tried to open it in fl8 and it diddnt open?? and then it diddnt open in fl7 either???...... opening it in fl8 wont have altered it at all unless you saved it..... id guess theres maybe something wrong with your software or computer

also, from what you say, it sounds like you have a strange way of opening things..... try opening it the conventional way..... with the file menu in FL or double click the flp file

its so tru!!!! ive had all my flps in one folder its a nightmare! i save atleast avrg 20 of the same flp an i rekon im just gona delete everythin an start over, the new fl8 was shockin but im slowly startin to prefer it, automation is alot better still dont beat reason 4s automation that smacks it! plus it doesnt crackle yet an i got loads of vst's on the go. very impressed!

fuck, you know the screen where all your .flp projects are kept yeh? well the restored file is there but its in RAR format! i dunno how it got to that, i was really drunk the other night (even lost my mobile) and dont know what ive done, does anyone know how i can sort this mess out?

Everythings sorted, problem solved. i found the deleted project in *trash bin* (within fruity), its where fruity saves your latest project by default.

Back
Top Bottom