FL studio introduction.

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
Ok, so for about the 6th time in my life i've decided "hmm....i wanna start making tunes"

but everytime, i'll get myself some software, think "OHMYFUCKINGGOD WHAT ARE ALL THESE BUTTONS!?!" and never touch it again.

So i got FL, understand (very basically) how to put a drum loop together, and that's about it.

is there, on here or elsewhere, a definitive guide to making tunes in FL for a COMPLETE noob? tried a search, but all i could find was a thread from someone asking the same thing with no answer.

safe and thanks in advance.

download the epic zip
also if you can,i would suggest you visit a mate that writes tunes and just watch him go on.youtube vids can be misleading.
good luck

try and learn the program yourself. im no producer but finding your own way might take longer but might feel more rewarding in the long run.. like that feeling of 'i didnt ask for help and still made it'

FL Studio 10 is great, just google and youtube introduction tutorials there are plently out there! The main reason why I picked FL's is because I prefered the GUI compared to other programs! Enjoy!

ez
u might wanna get some hi hats in there for some groove.also i recommend you get some dubstep loops and work from there
maybe say start with layering single hits over a loop and then equing
u will get there mate
good luck

alright matey.
all i can recommend is play about with it as much as poss.
also theres some good tuts on the fl site and a few good ones on youtube.
warbeats tutorials are good, (nothing to do with drum n bass) but they cover a lot of ground on the software, only problem with some of the tutorials are the fact the guy taaaaaaaallllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssss ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo ssssssssssssssllllllllllllooooooooooow.
but apart from that they do help you learn the basics.
also one guy on youtube called kevin willow, he does some ok drum n bass and dubstep tuts using only fl studio and no third party vst's.
i been messin with it for a couple o years, (only now and then when i get time) but i've definitly improved my knowledge of fl. just a shame i can't come up with any good tunes but thats down to my lack of music ability and not the software.
i've watched hundreds of tuts and some are shite but some are great, just gotta filter thru the crap to get some good'ns.
hope this of some help to you mate.
all the best and keep trying!!!!

I'm really happy with my FL Studio 10 but it's not the best DAW for beginners tbh.. there is a too many knobs and it's a little bit unclear DAW but FL10 is definitely better than FL9! Some of Indivision's tuts are good also I prefer to watch masterclass tutorials, especially icicle's tutorial. Open your fl, mess around with knobs and buttons. Try something new, study, practise, study etc..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom