fl studio drum n bass tune produced by me

good effort mate! the best thing to do is just make as much tunes as you can and not get too caught up in one tune. that way your getting more experience in making drum loops and basslines etc..

yeah not a bad effort mate.

only thing id say to help really is to maybe layer a another drum break or something to fill the drums out a bit more n also eq them maybe to get a bit more low end beefiness out of them,then maybe layer another to get some hi end kiinda hiss goin on, will just add interest to your drums really

also use some fx aswell like some pads for the atmospherics and maybe some stabby sounds coming in every so often, just an idea really to add more interest to the tune :D

hope that helps mate :D

like the bass, the melody sounds ameture imo, and the drums need layering as this will fatten the track up, good effort tho and keep it up, peace

feel free to give feedback on my new track i just put up

like the bass, the melody sounds ameture imo, and the drums need layering as this will fatten the track up, good effort tho and keep it up, peace

feel free to give feedback on my new track i just put up

nah two or three different kicks - with different audio qualities (one has good click one has good bass one has a good meaty mid)

holy sh*t, 14. have i really become a dnb grandfather? goddam it...

anyway, if you are really 14, i want to tell you everything i know, so i can hear your tracks when you're 30. this is an excellent effort, i would touch on these things:

-vary your lead melody pattern more

-add more layers to the drums. maybe take a good break, high pass it, and drop it in. tinkering with the hi hats can add a lot of depth to the drums. i usually have 5-6 high hat layers, usually 3 or 4 sounds and a loop or two. here is a link to a track i am working on, you can hear the hi hat work well: http://soundcloud.com/msmith222/transformer-080309

it takes a lot of time, but you can hear it...

-you could try to split the bass line up by frequency range (low, mid, hi) and effect each range differently. done well, this adds a lot of interest with the basses diving in and out of each other, especially if you vary the patterns also.

-the 1/2 time bit is a nice touch.

-maybe a pad, at least in the breakdowns?

keep it going, sounds awesome!

ur tune is real good for ur age yeah but u need to make it more interesting, it has the rhythm yeah but its boring. u need to throw your SOUNds at it, FX, CYMBALS< build ups, drum fills, bass layers, yeah all that shit...

fill it out a bit more and u will have it locked.

The track is really bland and doesn't go anywhere for me.

I have to say the Prod sounds freakin great though! Perc is cutting through nicely and isn't overdone... Sub is big and hits... the bell is where it needs to be.

:keep at it:
It's impressive that you've got levels down this good at such a young age.

Back
Top Bottom