FL Studio: Computer crashes (Bluescreen) for some reason

SuBKA

Title says it all. For a few days now, after I work on tracks for a while, my computer keeps bluescreening as I work in FL Studio. It's frustrating as hell and suddenly half of my projects cause this problem. I guess it is some sample or VST that is corrupted, but I don't have an idea why because it was fine for the last two years and I can't properly make any music right now. Does anybody maybe know how to fix this?

If anyone could possibly fix it, they'd need to know the error messages given on the bluescreen. You ought to photograph it.

Did it (picture below)
Computer specs:
AMD Phenom X6 6x 3.3Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX560 Ti
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
8GB RAM

13ce898188.jpg

I've had this happen before in Cubase and it turned out to be the ram. Whenever I'd push any project to cause any sort of visual slow down (such as scrolling quickly through tracks) I'd end up with the BSOD. I think I ended up taking out some of the ram and it fixed the problem. I've been having similar issues on a computer I use currently, and come to think of it, I did actually add some new ram to it a while back and it only caused issues since putting that in there.

I haven't ever encountered bluescreen while using FL, but just wanna ask, are you running cracked version or legit one? In the past, I had issues all the time where every program I had open got terminated just before some weird error message pops up. I were using cracked FL and had tons of cracked VSTs installed. At the point when everything else started crashing too (without even having FL open), I scrapped that laptop and stopped torrenting.

Hands up, I cracked that thing in 2012 and still have it to this day. (I don't know what it is with FL Studio, but even Avicii and Martin Garrix cracked that stuff as a kid haha) :D
It worked just fine for the past three years, so I guess it has got do be something different than the program itself - I was always very cautious about what plug-ins I do install, deleted a lot of them because they made FL Studio lag or even crash, but since my entire computer just screws up since a week now as soon as I get into work a bit or open a project that already has been done a lot to, I guess it's something else. Checked Optimal Primes case and tried to cause visual lag by scrolling through tracks very quickly but that doesn't seem to be it.

In most cases these tend to be faulty ram sticks or motherboard problems. Try to swap your rams and see if it helps - it not, reinstall windows, if it doesnt help, Id start blaming the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom