FL Studio 8 to FL Studio 9

Discussion in 'Production' started by Simply D., Jun 14, 2011.

1. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

Hey all. So i want to switch from fl 8 to 9, but i have a couple of questions.

Will my fl 8 projects open in fl 9

Will my presets, etc still be in the same folders, or will i have to back them all up seperately

Im almost sure that i'll have to add in all my vst's again, but is there any chance of fl 9 just replacing fl 8 and leaving everything the same

Thanks in advance. ^_^

2. kama

kama benkama.net

We're going in version 10 atm :p

But it's always much less a chore than you'd think. If I remember right you might have to set the paths again. It's much harder if you use cracked version:tut:

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Projects will open. Not sure about presets as I (stupidly) have stored all presets as cubase fxp files in separate folder and I have to browse to that folder every time i want to open one. Pretty fucking stupid from image-line if you ask me.

Make a backup of your data folder and you're all set.

3. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

lets just say its not 100% legit. but im not out to make any money as of right now. just for learning purposes until my skills get better.

4. Highstate

Highstate Harbinger Of Bass

move your data/patches & data/project folders somewhere else on your hardrive. uninstall. reinstall your new version, copy your saved folders into your new installation directory, click YES to merge folders but click NO when it asks to overwrite files. you end up with a fresh install with all your user created files/samples/projects etc where they was without have to remember all the specific directories where thing were.

If you've not already done so, install your plugins in program files/vstplugins/. if you install them in your FL directory you'll have to fuck about moving them and some might not work after moving them, or you might end up having to reinstall them aswell