FL sample stretching (glitch?)

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
i'm trying to stretch my kick and snare in resample mode, (both 'made unique as sample'), but when i do, i's as if the audio clip snaps to a point in the playlist, but not to any specific point like 1/4 beat or whatever, just randomly.

example, i'll lengthen the sample about 1/2 step, and it'll snap to about 1 step back... if that makes sense. same if i shorten the sample, it will still snap backwards.

this doesn't happen to the other samples i've used that aren't 'made unique as sample'.

i haven't come across this before, in my 2 years of chopping up breakbeats in the same manner

yes i've tried reloading the project

yes i have grid snapping turned off

I'm at a loss here.

i'm trying to stretch my kick and snare in resample mode, (both 'made unique as sample'), but when i do, i's as if the audio clip snaps to a point in the playlist, but not to any specific point like 1/4 beat or whatever, just randomly.

example, i'll lengthen the sample about 1/2 step, and it'll snap to about 1 step back... if that makes sense. same if i shorten the sample, it will still snap backwards.

this doesn't happen to the other samples i've used that aren't 'made unique as sample'.

i haven't come across this before, in my 2 years of chopping up breakbeats in the same manner

yes i've tried reloading the project

yes i have grid snapping turned off

I'm at a loss here.

to be honest, I don't know how to achieve this, but I've read somewhere that FL isn't that good to timestretch things. Have you considered getting a plug that does this?

Fl is awesome at stretching things, nowhere near as good as Ableton, but you can get stuff sounding close with FL granulizer, Stick what you want in the insert and then just play with the attack, hold, loop lengths and positions etc. You can get some mental stuff out of that especially with basslines!

Fl is awesome at stretching things, nowhere near as good as Ableton, but you can get stuff sounding close with FL granulizer, Stick what you want in the insert and then just play with the attack, hold, loop lengths and positions etc. You can get some mental stuff out of that especially with basslines!
Or some crackling perc as well!

Back
Top Bottom