FL Playlist automation

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
Basically i want to be able to automate the volume of a sample at a certain point in the playlist, without automating the volume of the same sample in other parts of the tune.

there must be a way surely?

select the bars in the playlist in which you want to manipulate the volume, then create an automation clip for the control. It will be as long as the bars you selected. Now with your volume automation clip make sure that the beginning of the clip is the same level as your sample was before, create the automation and end with two points above each other. the last one added will be the level for then on , if it is the level that the sample was before, you'll have reached what you wanted to do.
like this
automation.PNG

Hope I understood your question right

select the bars in the playlist in which you want to manipulate the volume, then create an automation clip for the control. It will be as long as the bars you selected. Now with your volume automation clip make sure that the beginning of the clip is the same level as your sample was before, create the automation and end with two points above each other. the last one added will be the level for then on , if it is the level that the sample was before, you'll have reached what you wanted to do.
like this
automation.PNG

Hope I understood your question right

yes mate! thanks.

also, is there a way i can do the same thing with other stuff like filters and what not?

yes mate! thanks.

also, is there a way i can do the same thing with other stuff like filters and what not?
Yes sure, As you have found you can right click controls of FL-native programs to create automation clips. With third party VST's , you can modify the control you wish to create an automation clip for , then go to tools -> last tweaked -> create automation clip :)

Also with Massive, You can click the arrow on the upper left corner and select "browse parameters" to see a full list of controls you can automate, they will open up in the menu on the left, this works with a lot of vst's but not all. A little off topic but still...

Back
Top Bottom