Fitted new stereo to ma car!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D BREAKNECK, Oct 2, 2009.

1. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Ain't exactly pimpin, just a Micra that was me Dad's but was free and it gets me around for now.

Just installed new stereo, been doing with cassettes and radio so far. Had the stereo a few months but didn't get round to it, was a bit of a mission, never dabbled with car before, trips to Halfords for connectors, and working how how to unassemble dashboard and how to assemble fitting, combining old mount with new mount etc, but is ace. Loud and clean, plays MP3s and memory sticks, so been compiling up the cds.

Know this won't impress many folk, but was bit of an accomplishment when you never tried doin owt before.

:clown:

Got Coshh's new mix on there, and am open to some new recommendations for new mixes on here. Got 700 mile round trip to Portsmouth at wkend.:rinsed:

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

well done (y). and for 700 mile trip, i'd have all the autonomic podcasts & all the soul:ution radio shows on cd :gun:

3. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

This is my bad boiii
    [​IMG]

I have sub set up in it too. Cost round £600 for the whole set-up because i replaced all the speakers aswell.

4. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

Hey thanks mate, lemme know what you think of it once you get back. :teeth:

5. D BREAKNECK

Hmm.

Was thinking about replacing speakers, but will be getting new(er) car soon so won't bother.

My cousin spent £3k on his system, more than the car's worth.:rinsed:

6. D BREAKNECK

Already listened to some of it. Sounds good...

Fes Rock likes this.
  7. inderjitfarm

inderjitfarm Member

a couple of weeks ago halfords installed a heavy 12inch sub wiv built in amp in my vauxhall corsa. i already had 2 6"9 already in the car wiv an alpine head unit. now wen im out n bout it jus sounds too sickk. its great the expression you get from the general public = priceless.

8. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Holla brother.

I just installed two 8" subs in my car & two new 6x9's cause i blew out my factory ones :teeth:

Such a huge improvement, i got a sub in my studio so my car seemed a bit lacking until now.

Hard to appreciate bass music without the punch - otherwise its like eating a bologna sandwich with no bread