Fishy - Your Beautiful

nice track.. nice variations in the bass. The drums are definatly too quite compared to the bass tho try and get them to punch through more, or you could try turning down the bass a bit

keep it up

very good effort, this is good musically but technically not so great, drums are 2d man they sound very flat. need some low end on them ?? sounds like you are using speakers without any sort of low freq response?

as said mate and i mentioned this on the other tracks i commented on on your Sc, those drums just arent coming thru at all, other than that its great.
Don;t forget its the drums ( the beat) that people dance too

agree with everything above, work on your mixdown, get your bass phat but not over powering, beef the precussion up and tweek your eq and compression to get everything sitting nice, look forward to hearin more from ya, musicly this is nice

you know what to do, everyone has said pretty much the same thing :)

good track though..try and make ur drums and percussion sound 'whole' and more organic..it will have more of a roll to it then.
n most of the time i think turning things down is better than turning things up in terms of mixdown..if u get me..

Thanks guys for all the comments;) and ye i know i was unsure about the drums, im not sure how i could get them better tho:P i have equed them too both high end and low end like i learned in a guide:P I would love to learn how to improve my drums more:P anyone help me?

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

All right guys:) updated the tracks:P tried to better the drums

drums are suffering mate, id say get some better drum samples, kick sounds really weak. snare isnt cutting through either and even it if was it sounds bit compressed and muffled, search for some packs, or maybe someone can point u in the direction of some better hits!

I got shitloads of sample packs man :/ thought i got it to sound better in this version, oh well gotta keep on trying

I got shitloads of sample packs man :/ thought i got it to sound better in this version, oh well gotta keep on trying

takes time man, you'll get there :)

try redoing the mixdown, drop everything down on the mixer, bring your Kick and Snare up, then bring the bass up, it shouldnt peak higher than your kick on the mixer ;) check your compression on both the Bass and the Precussion, make sure its driving nice and punchy, then bring up your hi-hats and precussion, get the energy flowing right, then *slowly* bring up the rest of the elements, they dont need to be loud, if you find yourself pushing them louder than the bass, then you need to check the EQ on both the Bass and the Synths, get rid of any low-end crossover between the two, check your compression, dont over do it...often people push sounds loud to compensate for dodgy eq & compression, if you do your mixdowns on the principal that everything should be as quiet as possible, so that the sounds are clear, rather than as loud as possible, then your mixdowns will improve, and your precussion will sit right in the mix

dont worry about compression or limiting on the master output for now, that will just confuse the problems you have in the mixdown, once your tracks start to sound right with a good mixdown, then you can focus on compression and limiting on the master output. mastering a track takes a very good understanding of compression, but more importantly your ears need many hours of listening time to be able to pinpoint exactly whats happening

Back
Top Bottom