Fishy - Tweaked wip

your on the right track for a darker vibe... sounds more old school BSE this does... You need to work on the drums tho, sound a bit muddy or unclear compared to the rest of the track.

Yeahh, the bassdrum can barely be heard, so work on that.
Also the bass sounds a little to simple to me, can be a matter of taste, but I would throw some more filter modulation, flanger and chorus on it.

deffinately a dark feel to this one.
like ARTFX said, bass could use some more work on it. i'd work out a few different variations on the patch and blend between them more. just my idea.
good stuff though man

agree on the fast synth, sounds good and the ideas there, u jsut need to brighten up the bass and work on getting ur drums sounding punchier., but ur on the right track mate!

cool tune , i like that kinda snare u got. more punch on that and particualy the kick drum need to go way punchier man. try some chopping up on that bass on some sections maybe?? nice one on the half time section thats the one!

Mmmm... love that swirly Pad in the Intro. Oh yeah, right into the distorted lead/Bass = me likey!

OUCH! Your SD is briiiiiiight... I had to kill my volume. Your hats are level, the KD is pretty subby/perhaps layering it with a small 'plucky' type hit in the 150hz range would give it the 'snappy' impact it's currently missing. Although, it doesn't need that layer, it seems like it'd benefit from it.

Love the Distortion on the Bass... not overdone but nice and gritty.

:workonit:

Thanks for the comment man:) i have a habit of making the snares too bright i think hehe, like them bright, ill try to make it more pleasant

the synth starting at 1:35 is plain fantastic.
You gotta work a lot on the drums.. not processing not compression not eq... just choosing/creating/recording the right hits.
To have a darker feeling the drums should be your main focus and not a secondary element.
Apart from that, the less notes the bass does the darker and stressant it gets... imo!

Keep on pushing in that direction and we'll become nice friends lol

Last edited:
Aight thanks for the comment man:) Less notes is abit hard for me hehe, like to keep some melody is so natural for me

I`m digging it, though you may add something to be more of a bulding up the tension along the way
from 2:48 is really good, sounds early death metal-ish, witch is a good thing (y)

Back
Top Bottom