Fishy - Let It Rain

enjoying it with my 2 mates on skype :) 3 dnb lovers, let's hear their veredicts in a min ...
first veredict says: "so soft and very repetitive"
second veredict says: "what do the voice say? very repetitive, can't put a style on it cause sometimes it has some dark sounds"
my third and last veredict: "interesting and some good ideas going along mate, keep on it but you should put more effort on the drums thought =) chosing the right samples and getting some changing patterns here and there :)"

i got the same acapella in my collection haha!

yeh i agree with neominds simon cowell verdicts.. :P

i think ur bass synth needs thickening up, snare needs a lil more snap/punch, try lowering ur strings a lil, n have a lil less reverb on the vocal.

not a bad effort tho mate. keep it up!

Very chilled track man. Good one for rounding the party off with.
Won't bother repeating what the others have said, but if was me i'd start working on a new project and twiddling with this on the side.
You got the idea there,just needs bringing out more.
Good stuff dude.

this should give you some ideas for getting nice vocal presence in your mix http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr05/articles/protoolsnotes.htm ....vocal is nicely defined, has lots of space, but its lacking depth atm, needs doubling (or more) up

mixdown doesnt feel quite right, seems like the midrange is too thin, although all the sounds are nice and clear, almost there, it could be tails on some of your effects pulling things back a bit (eg verb tail on the vocal)

u've got a couple of big rezzy spikes in your bassline aswell, which will be making the compression work too hard, check around 180-260hz, and mayb 350-500hz, i think theres a couple spikes there that you can notch out so you can bring the bass out more

nice work man!

Nice and good feedback:) im real glad for it:) ill copy down all ur tips in a note and ill get it up while im gonna make a update of this:D

im not much of a liquid man my self but this is a GOOD attempt at it. just wondering what you use to make your beats? P.S. i think your mids in your bass could do with a bit pf motion such as phase or a slow ramping lfo on some of the frequency spectrum (all tow im no good with bass my self)

this is cool man, not really feeling the drums but everything else is good... those intro pads sounded lovely!! the effects and vocals are good but the drums and bass parts they seem a bit simple in my opinion...maybe its just not my style... keep em coming :)

Back
Top Bottom