Drum & Bass first track, would appreciate criticism :)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Blend 107, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Blend 107

Blend 107 New Member

hi all,
    just finished my first track and would appreciate some criticism in general really

thanks a lot :)

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

You got some nice ideas for a real deep minimal vibe track. But what the hell is that random off key off beat wobble sound thats occurring dude? Really dominates and destroys the track completely!

3. lasiien

lasiien Meh

You've got a decent structure and I quite liked the minimal feel of the intro, though it needs a bit more build and has to slam down a bit more on the drop @ 1.30. The bass is pretty simple in the mid section and not sure it's helped by the mid range stabs you have going (they really need work imo). Bit too much use of white noise risers as well, but I like that you thought about FX and you got some interesting percussion going on. You're probably making your own sounds which is cool, keep working at it and reading up and I think you'll do fine!

4. The tane

The tane New Member

Really interesting intro, I dig it. I'd like a little more build up in it (adding some small percussion as it goes, etc.). Not a fan of the first drop at all. Like homeboy above me said, that offbeat wobble is too hard and intrusive. Pretty much wrecks the track for me. This isn't my personal style of DnB, but keep after it because I think you know what kind of sound you want.

5. P_J

P_J New Member

Yeah, that wobble is really off putting. Got some interesting sounds going though. Liking the overall progression of the song, and the second drop in particular was very good. Not feeling the first one as much. Builds very well but then doesn't really go anywhere. Think it needs a slightly longer delay, and the swoosh sound could do with something a bit deeper underneath it. At the moment it doesn't really drop, just kinda pauses before moving onto the mid-section.