First track! some feedback please?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by rooker, Feb 23, 2008.

1. rooker

rooker New Member

i finished my first song recently, just wanted to know how i can improve my songs and where i'm goin wrong cos i'm real new to production.
    http://www.myspace.com/01rooka
    any feedback would be great.
    cheers

2. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

alright mate, there so much to learn when u start out, i would say find article on eq ing and learn abit, then a bit about compression. i would give you some pointers but my keyboards broken and it takes me fucken ages to type. search www.dogsonacid.com they have loads of stuff to read. pretty good track for a first tune.

3. rooker

rooker New Member

cheers mate, i'll have a look

4. Barnzee

Barnzee OmniaInNumerisSitaSunt

I like the track man, i think the beggining is a bit long though, kinda repetitive and the skipping bit on the beat kinda pissed me off. I can sympathise with production issues like eq- its tough shit man, everyone here will help you though, im getting a lot of pointers to help me work on my sound. Pretty tight first track, bit quiet, but i like it man:) nice one(yn)

5. Fratanize

Fratanize Keepin the jungle alive

For your first track that was pretty good mate. When you start out you just wanna get something out there so you can get a gauge on how you are at making tunes initially. Nice effort with the bassline. Be careful with samples. There is a fine line between cool sounding and cheesy.
    Big up mate.
    Keep pluggin fella.

6. exytage

exytage EXYTAGE

pretty nice. drums should be a little bit louder. Maybe should bring more changes into bassline.
    I like it :respekt: