Drum & Bass First Track - Drum n Bass :) - Modz

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by modz, May 12, 2013.

1. modz

modz Member

I made the choice to finally try making my own music after being a dj for a year.

It's fun but hard. After a three days of yelling at ableton and learing what I could off youtube I did it. The main thing I learned was cpu management lol

https://soundcloud.com/dj_modz/modz-the-start

It's a working process but I'm just happy I stuck with it.

I would love suggestions and advice :)

2. LVB

LVB Active Member

for a beginner, your drums are actually really fat! you got potential mate, when i was a beginner I didn't even know chords were 3 notes, anyway, you may want to tone that vocal thing in the second drop down a bit, use some more breaks to make your drums a bit fuller, but this is the right direction man!

3. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

really good track! canĀ“t quiet believe that this is your first track.

drums could need some variation
    transitions need some work in my opinion.

great track mate!

4. dj mirry

dj mirry Member

Are you sure your a beginner lol! those drums are serious..How u get your drums to sound fat?

Brilliant

5. modz

modz Member

@Mr_Dnb : I will go back and mae those changes. I don't really know how to do smooth transitions, got any advice on how to do that?

Also beautiful track. I love the melody. I hear you have couple at different octo's running along each other. I tried that with my track but I couldn't get it to sound right :/

@dj mirry : I found out through trial and error that if you double up anything it will make it sound more full and punching. also a lot of messing around with compressin and make up gain and stuff lol. By double up I mean having two channels of the same sound running a lot each other. :)