First Set of Decks

Kammy

oioi i bought a set of citronic decks and an m1 numark mixer, the mixer only has treble and bass but its ok, got a behringer vmx-200 for 20 quid nd its awrite, wot do u's think of citronic as a brand, they are digital decks, just to start of mixing but goin 2 get vinyl decks soon

oioi i bought a set of citronic decks and an m1 numark mixer, the mixer only has treble and bass but its ok, got a behringer vmx-200 for 20 quid nd its awrite, wot do u's think of citronic as a brand, they are digital decks, just to start of mixing but goin 2 get vinyl decks soon

citronic as a brand... utter shit.... but to be fair, you are new all this and if youve got them cheap, then they will be ideal i guess

you will probably hear loads of replys telling you to get technics but tbh, they are a lot of money and are not really worth investing in until you decide you can afford to spend it and defo want them (you wouldnt get a brand new bmw as your first car would you?? same applys with decks)

i started out on omnitronic dd tt's (still have them gathering dust actually).... they were, and still are utter wank, but they served their purpose....... teaching me to mix :)

actually, as shit as they were, they were ABUSED for years, been to god knows how many partys (and free partys), taken here there and everywhere, had probably loads of random people use them, had drinks spilled on them, had people rolling spliffs and sniffing allsorts of shite off them and to this day they still work fine.... as crap as the day i got them!!!

Last edited:
citronic as a brand... utter shit.... but to be fair, you are new all this and if youve got them cheap, then they will be ideal i guess

you will probably hear loads of replys telling you to get technics but tbh, they are a lot of money and are not really worth investing in until you decide you can afford to spend it and defo want them (you wouldnt get a brand new bmw as your first car would you?? same applys with decks)

i started out on omnitronic dd tt's (still have them gathering dust actually).... they were, and still are utter wank, but they served their purpose....... teaching me to mix :)

actually, as shit as they were, they were ABUSED for years, been to god knows how many partys (and free partys), taken here there and everywhere, had probably loads of random people use them, had drinks spilled on them, had people rolling spliffs and sniffing allsorts of shite off them and to this day they still work fine.... as crap as the day i got them!!!

ahaha nice one mate, aye well they were a bit pricey as wif the digital decks, 350 i paid , came with a mixer, but they good 4 practicing and better than some digital deks av used. next set of decks guna be set of techys :D

350 quid for two citronic turntables and crappy mixer ? sounds like a rip off. i gotmy two pdx 2000 and a crappy stanton mixer for £200.. and technics go quite cheap 2nd hand today, what with everyone going cd way..

edit: you say digital decks, you mean cdj ? if so, ignore all of the above.

I had numark beltdrives but yeeh as people have said they served their purpose. All you need is to practice the beat matching and general mixing. I had mine for a good couple of years. once you upgrade to Technics though you wont look back. Literally never touching the platter now, all about pitch riding for those ultra clean mixes. You'll learn it soon enough ;)

After using pioneer CDJs pretty much constantly now I absolutely hate my technics lol. The pitch on the cdjs is just so precise I can't barely mix on my decks anymore. Had a play on Vestax PDX3000 and have got to say for accuracy they piss all over the technics!!! Would trade my decks anyday of the week for some vestax now, nothing compares!

yeah they're digital decks, to be precise its Citronic MPCD-s3's. They take mp3 which is pretty good cuz ya can fit about 150 tunez on a cd and mix and mix and mix till dawn hahaha. i think i did get a bit ripped for 350, but most of the cd decks are pretty high dollar,, i ordered the gemini cdj rip offs accidently and didnt realise till a day later xD hahaha. fuck man u shud of seen them they hardly had any effects on them.Nevermind that they only had pitch control. who the fuck would buy something that looks like sumthing worthy but doesnt do shit. thats like buying a ferrari that dusnt have a steering wheel or gearbox in it.

Back
Top Bottom