First recorded mix...

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by della111, Sep 26, 2011.

1. della111

della111 Active Member

Alright, been mixing a couple of months, finally got round to being able to record. Not perfect but wanted to get it uploaded before going to sleep. Will hopefully get something better uploaded tomorrow.

Enjoy and feed back would be good. Thanks.

Amoss - Flex
    Spectrasoul - Organiser
    Jubei - Gateway
    Hybris & Rido - First Contact
    Amoss - Astrodome
    Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - Askari
    Rido - Focus
    Spectrasoul - Mimic

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Not bad first up mate! A few slips but good recovery...nothing a bit of serious concentration cant fix! Also personally I don't think you should mix so many similar tunes together...makes it more interesting for people to listen to innit.

You've clearly got some skill on the go mate so just keep at it imo...

3. della111

della111 Active Member

Thanks man! There were a couple of tunes i've not mixed before, so should be alright the next time. Yeah i get what you mean about them sounding similar, suppose it was kind of a warm up set if you know what i mean.

Seems like positive feed back though, cheers :)

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Nice vibes on this mix. few little slips here and there but you sorted then reasonable quickly. Cosidering you only been mixing a short amount of time id be very pleased. Couple of tunes sort of didnt really roll for me. for instance 7 mins in. you mixing on vinyl mate?

5. della111

della111 Active Member

Thanks mate, had another listen back this morning and it is sloppy in places so going to get something better recorded tonight for sure. I play on cdj's, not a brilliant set up but theyre okay for the level im at atm i suppose.

6. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Mate my first recorded mix was alot worse. If you want more lsitens/feedback get a tracklist on here mat. more people likely to get on it then,

7. della111

della111 Active Member

Yeah good idea, i'll get it up now

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

tempo seems a bit slow if im honest

first mix is nice
    2nd mix isn't bad either need some bass eq to make it sit right tho. couple of slips, beatmatching better comes with practice.

first contact, would have been ok if u lowered some eq's the pad's on the intro dominated the mix leaving the previous track a bit muffled

next mix was ok, i mean it was clean but its just mixed in the breakdown of first contact, bit of a cop out.
    really like the tune tho, whatever it is.

asakari (or however its spelt) such a tune, shame they didn't drop together, but when they did it was a bit messy. but a bit of practise it could have potentially been really swish

didnt like the next mix so much.

mimic - came in really suddenly, lower the bass on the kick so it sits nicer, sounded ok when they dropped together.

considering you have only been at it a few months this is wicked. the selections were nice and some of the mixing ideas were great. keep at it and you'll get really good really quick.

9. della111

della111 Active Member

Thanks for the comments man appreciate it. I think i've only mixed the first 3 tracks together before hence why the latter part was sloppy and stuff, probably should have waited a bit longer before uploading something, but it was getting late when id finished and wanted to get it up last night.

Suppose practise makes perfect, will make sure the next thing i upload is tighter and longer.