first real attempt at a dnb tune

Sme interesting ideas. Your right about the mixdown. Quite a long build up which I think ends at like 1.27, which is nice. Drums need to be puncier all the way through, and a bit more variation in em couldn't hurt. Bass needs way more body and drive. Good for a first track, keep it up.

cheers for the advice mate, ye need to work on more fils and processing for the drums and youre right about the bass it is missing a certain presence. annoying that i can only work on it when im at school which kinda fucks my flow up. again bigs up for listening and givin advice!

what software are you producing. Ask you It or Music Tech teacher to let you have a copy of the software, they get it for cheap.

You'll start progresing much faster if you can work from home too (obviously :teeth:)

logic pro 8 which i cant use at home for obvious reasons. ive started learning fl studio and really need to bite the bullet and learn the ins and outs but i seem to have such a better workflow on logic although i am starting to see some of the better aspects of fl.

I like the arrangement and nice use of percussion in the intro part. effects and filtering in the build are cool aswell.
think it could use a bit more variation in the synth pattern and the drums could be punching through the mix a bit more great for a first attempt though man keep it up!

logic pro 8 which i cant use at home for obvious reasons. ive started learning fl studio and really need to bite the bullet and learn the ins and outs but i seem to have such a better workflow on logic although i am starting to see some of the better aspects of fl.

what obvious reasons? price of getting full mac set-up. Definitely talk to your college man, mine helped me get discount software & hardware. Esp if your doing music tech or IT or some shizzzle

Ez Fractal
Some nice elements here,
but mixdown needs lot of work,
You can barely hear the drums ;)
Put some work and finish, like the synths,
Cheers.

I can see the biggest problem here you've got is the mixdown man. Just that. Kicks doing weird things but it's fine.
A 1.28 buildup is actually the regular one (64 bars at 175bpm I guess?).

I can see where you want to get to with this tune, and it's a good idea man.
btw, what do you listen the most?? I mean, what kind of dnb?

i listen to pretty much all dnb. really love what neosignal is coming out with lately but stil love the dancefloor smashers, the dark rollers etc. etc.

thanks for the criticism, gonna work some more on this track to hone my mixdown skills and then start afresh :D

Back
Top Bottom