First rave?

sleaZe

Mine was back to the oldschool in may 2005, ahhhh such good memories, i went with 3 mates and we all tried some double red cherrie E's. First time i had ever done pills, was a phat night. Then i tried DRUM AND BASS. I loved the atmosphere in KOKO that night with back to the oldschool, but you just can't beat a drum and bass rave. Wait a minute, you CAN. A rave which has dnb in one tent and raindance in the other! :pimp:

When and where was yours?

silent running night in clwb ifor back in cardiff, cant remember who, but it was great, must have been 1999 or something

sure i went to see some hip hop on the other floor, after main act was over at about 1, everyone fucked off to the dnb floor, i followed and never looked back

Last edited:
homelands 2004 @ matterly bowl, winchester

after only listening to tapepacks & mates mixin it was a proper eye opener to see top djs do it live

if i remember rightly i think the last three sets were andy c, zinc, & marky in that order
marky tore the places to pieces, i would fuckin love those sets!!!

Last edited:
I first heard drum and bass, in the knowledge that it was drum and bass rather than just heavy dance music, on October 15th 2003. My mate asked me to copy him two CDs for a mate; one was Andy C the other Hype. I was instantly hooked and, by pure fluke, two days later there was a big event on South Parade Pier called Reaction. Same venue as Breakneck by the way. The line-up was Keaton, Mampi Swift, Hype and Andy C with Skibadee. Hype didn't turn up so Andy played for two hours. Since that day I've been to as many events as possible and rarely miss a Breakneck, I can't get enough of it!

My first rave was hacienda re-union on a car park under G-mex Mike Pickering and Graham Park smashed it neva rushed like that before first time pills ever effected me proply. My first Dnb rave was probly an illegal one in a warehouse in Cheadle Hulme

silent running night in clwb ifor back in cardiff, cant remember who, but it was great, must have been 1999 or something

sure i went to see some hip hop on the other floor, after main act was over at about 1, everyone fucked off to the dnb floor, i followed and never looked back

Haha, my first rave was in Clwb Ifor too. Mine was an apeture event though. Fuck knows who was playing, I was beyond mashup.

My first was in 1993,can't remember now if it was Elevation,Life Utopiah or Future Myth.

Mine was here in the states 1997. Raindance it was called. Dj Rap was my first drum n bass act to see ever.. hooked

Long time ago!:cry:
November 1991, Orange at the rocket, Holloway road, London. Fuckin blew me away!:razz: also the first time i did E,so was a bit of a double whammy!! come to think of it.....it was also the first time i had really heard underground rave/hardcore music LOUD!! Great night (what i can rember of it lol) and just the start of many............

music first at the venue in birmingham. the club had that bouncy dance floor business, fucking amazing. i think it was basically a back 2 basics night with jb and spice playing, along with a load of the other b'ham kool fm crew (RIP Kool in brum).

1997 i think ....in Reading C4C ...ahh happy days.. you see dnb was much better back then..jump up was proper..and the wonders of the darker styles were emmerging....

lol.. sorry ill shuddup now

these are the only ones i reguarly attended....

OOps at the Boxing club in Reading around 98/99
then Bassheads at the Matrix around 2000
then i went to uni at used to go to some old night called Vurt which was jokes
and then of course the one like Breakneck

of course i had numerous outings to Dreamscape Helter Skelter etc etc..and used to alwasy go to any Prototype night..the one around 2000 ish at Farbic was heavy as fuck.

1997 i think ....in Reading C4C ...ahh happy days.. you see dnb was much better back then..jump up was proper..and the wonders of the darker styles were emmerging....

lol.. sorry ill shuddup now

no need to shut it when you speak the truth. then's when i got in to the music properly. the deejays were friendlier back then as well, don't you reckon?

Kitchen event at the waterfront (Norwich)

Was house and DnB upstairs

Was peach night, i nwas covered in uv paint

only 16 too hahaha

Would love to do it again

1995 warehouse rave in cardiff docks(15 years old lol),also the hippo club in cardiff use to have micke slim an all da badboys ov jungle vist on weekly ting back in 95-96....in 97 ulletproof ran tingz incardiff big time,hyper d every other month..they were da days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom