First rave?

Except from some festivals in Belgium like Pukkelpop etc. was this my first one

flyer01.jpg

What used to be the Zodiac in 2004, in Oxford... First pill, phat night... Ended up in a weird abandonned pub, with a fuckload of very strange people...

First rave rave 4 me was the 1st Best of British @ bagleys was proper mashed. 1st time ravin and did some wkd beans green lacoste still the best beans I ever did

first rave was a little do in a small essex town dingy hole, hosted by unknowns, for about 200 people, in early 1992.

first big event was in a massive double warehouse in wiltshire with most of the real pioneers of the sound, for about 12 thousand people, in early 1993.

Mine was back to the oldschool in may 2005, ahhhh such good memories, i went with 3 mates and we all tried some double red cherrie E's. First time i had ever done pills, was a phat night. Then i tried DRUM AND BASS. I loved the atmosphere in KOKO that night with back to the oldschool, but you just can't beat a drum and bass rave. Wait a minute, you CAN. A rave which has dnb in one tent and raindance in the other! :pimp:

When and where was yours?

dude my first rave was in may 2005, went with 3 mates and did double red cherrie E's, mind fuck.

first rave was happy hardcore at sanctuary complex milton keynes. However the hardcore was in the Rollers. (I still love those shout outs " your freinds are waiting for you at the exit to the rollers)First DNB was Slammn NYE 03-2004. Midnight set was Andy C, Dynamite, Eks and Herbs. Loved it and still do

28th May 2006 Infidelity at the fez club in bristol, i was only 16 gettin grimey with Hazard and Foxy, Sick night, never forget it!!

Mine was (Pure X/Hysteria) pt 6 @ The Sanctuary in Milton Keynes ,never heard a live Drum & Bass night before,Id been to Kinetic & other small places b4 this but when i arrived at this night i was blown away..my mate Neil used to help promote the Pure X side of things for a man like Barny B who was the promoter ..was a mixture of both Happy Hardcore & Drum & Bass...best sets for me were Mickey Finn,DJ Rap & Mc Chickaboo,Penfold,Sy & Slipmatt..who played the last set i think which was a blinda,this was when raves were raves & im very proud to have had the chance to witness nights like that...loved it :dutty:

My first rave was 2003 in Plymouth Dance academy. Legends of The Dark and Black and i think it was Andy C.

I was propper mash up crazyness got out of there when it closed at 7. Staggered home and didin't sleep till that afternoon. Was well good fun.

:D

:coffee:

music first at the venue in birmingham. the club had that bouncy dance floor business, fucking amazing. i think it was basically a back 2 basics night with jb and spice playing, along with a load of the other b'ham kool fm crew (RIP Kool in brum).

I think that was my first rave as well - used to go every week until they stopped! I remember the wobbly floor was mental, I remember being like 15/16 and shitting it when I first went, in case I didn't get in! No problems tho and proceeded to get mash up in there every week from then and became good friends with MC Biggie! First BIG BIG rave was Helter Skelter Decadance fuckin amazing!! Got in using my Bro's passport!!

first rave was a little do in a small essex town dingy hole, hosted by unknowns, for about 200 people, in early 1992.

first big event was in a massive double warehouse in wiltshire with most of the real pioneers of the sound, for about 12 thousand people, in early 1993.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die

My first rave was sick The Entire Vavle Soundsystem at Brunel Rooms 2004, rushed my fookin jaw off, thats a way to experience your first rave !!!

these are the only ones i reguarly attended....

OOps at the Boxing club in Reading around 98/99
then Bassheads at the Matrix around 2000
then i went to uni at used to go to some old night called Vurt which was jokes
and then of course the one like Breakneck

of course i had numerous outings to Dreamscape Helter Skelter etc etc..and used to alwasy go to any Prototype night..the one around 2000 ish at Farbic was heavy as fuck.

Lol sounds VERY like my old starting days too! Was in Reading too going to the stuff at the Boxing club, was alway at matrix back then too, most wknds, was all about the cheesey 80's italian wine bar in the vip upstairs! mate of mine from school started helping doing the bassheads stuff at the matrix - used to do a live pa each month - half of the Impact crew. Then went down to pompi in bout 2000 for bout 6 yrs, loved the breakneck vurt stuff!In final yr there lived opposite the pier, so close to both eq & pier for the dnb.

First rave for me was Dreamscape NYE 97-98 in Shepton. Was so good. Remeber seeing DJ Rap doing the NYE set with Hyder D mc-ing. Loads of pat sets that night, still play loads the tapes from that night in the car today! Also was lucky enough to see MC Ruff that night too, both were phat mc's live :lighter:

Mine was a rave called Dance 91 in 1991 at aston leisure centre Birmingham, I think thats where I discovered the good old rhubarb & custards. I remember going home in the morning and explaining to my mother my pupils were so big because of all the flashing lights. lol.

I think it was The Palace in Bournemouth late 1991.

My first taste of the 'proper' rave was a rave known by many to be the best ever. The date was 15th May 1992 @ Matchams and it was Fantazia - Summertime!

My last rave was the first Coccon @ The Que club I think, sometime in 1996. Total shite as the music was getting very, very cheesy.

I aint been 'raving' since!

Well as u can see im onli 18 so my first rave was start of this year......raveology dogs @ air luckily i didnt get asked for i.d as i was onli 17 then lool......nothin else compares to ravin!! then my next rave was drum and bass awrds 08 omdzz this rave was outa dis world.......been regurly since even bin custard factory but i think its a bit of a wierd venue loool

Back
Top Bottom